Do you want to add a YouTube link or any link to your Facebook story? If yes then we got you covered. In this post, you’re going to learn 3 different ways to add a clickable link to the Facebook story.
Meanwhile, there’s a time when you watch a beautiful video on YouTube or read an extremely helpful article and you might want to share it as a link in your Facebook Messenger story.
Unfortunately, Facebook does not offer a feature in its app or desktop website that allows you to post a clickable link to your stories. Many workarounds may be found on the internet, however, the majority of them do not work. In this article, we’ll show you how to add a clickable link to your Facebook story using methods that have been tried and proven.
What You Will Learn Here:
3 Ways to Post a Clickable Link on Facebook Story
So, without wasting any time here are the methods to add/post a clickable link on your Facebook Messenger story:
Method 1. Use WhatsApp
Facebook and WhatsApp are now in contact with one another. When you create a new WhatsApp status, you may choose to publish it on your Facebook story as well. This feature allows you to post clickable links on Facebook stories.
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the STATUS tab on the top and then select the pencil icon.
- Now, paste the link and Post it on your WhatsApp status.
- After you’ve posted it, you’ll have the option to SHARE TO FACEBOOK STORY. Simply tap on it.
- Tap SHARE NOW.
- Open the Messenger app and check if you’ve successfully added a clickable link to your Facebook story.
Method 2. Add a Clickable Link in Facebook Story via Facebook App
- Copy your preferred URL or link.
- Open Facebook App and then create a new post.
- In the create post section, add the link and add whatever text you want to accompany the link. Tap Post.
- Once it’s posted, tap the Share button and then tap Share to Your Story.
- Tap Share.
- Now, you’ve successfully shared a clickable link on your Messenger story.
In this approach, we will give you a link that you may use to post a clickable link on your Facebook stories. This method does not require the Facebook app because it operates in a browser.
Open any browser on your smartphone and then paste the below URL:
Replace yourlink with the full URL of the link that you want to share on your Facebook story.
In my case, it would be like this:
After you’ve finished editing the URL, click the Go button to access the webpage.
It will direct you to Facebook’s website. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
Here, uncheck News Feed and check the circle next to Your Story. Tap Post.So, these are some methods for adding a clickable link to your Facebook story. You can utilize any of these, whatever one you think is best for you. As of the publication of this article, all of these approaches are operational. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties. If you know of another technique, please let us know in the comments area below.