We’ve all experienced those moments when we wish we could take back our words – or rectify spelling errors, polish those clumsy phrases, or get rid of that obnoxious name autocorrection. The majority of us are accustomed to sending a follow-up message with an asterisk to correct a sent message. However, this might appear unprofessional, especially if you’re using Telegram for business. So, in this post, you’ll learn how to edit Telegram messages on desktop and Android.
Meanwhile, Telegram has updated its messaging software to allow you to modify your messages after they’ve been sent. This functionality works in all forms of chats, including group and individual chats. Other new features include the ability to mention anybody in group chats, a faster method to discover individuals with a new search list, and a better way to add bots to discussions.
Furthermore, Telegram now allows you to mention individuals in group chats, even if they don’t have usernames. According to the firm, all you have to do is type the “@” sign in a conversation and choose who you want to contact from a selection that appears. Even if they’ve muted the group, that member will get a notice.
How to Edit Messages on Telegram Desktop or Web Version
Telegram is a desktop chat app that is native and dependable. Telegram’s desktop apps are also fully functional, including the option to modify delivered messages.
Here are the steps to edit Telegram messages on the Desktop app:
1. Open the Telegram desktop app or open the Telegram web version on your computer.
2. Find the chat that you want to edit any specific message.
3. Right-click on that particular message and select Edit.
4. Finally, edit the message and once it’s corrected, click the tick icon to send the edited message.
5. The edited tag will now appear next to the edited message in the conversation.
How to Edit Telegram Texts on Android
- Open the Telegram app on your Android phone.
- Find the Telegram message that you’ll need to edit.
- Tap and hold on to that particular message and then select the edit or the pencil icon at the top of the screen.
- Edit the message and tap the tick icon to send the edited message.
- The edited tag will now appear next to the edited message in the conversation.
That’s it. These were the process to edit Telegram messages on the Desktop and Android app. Editing messages is one of the best features that Telegram provides. As of now Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and some other chatting apps do not have text editing capability.