Dolby Atmos delivers a special listening experience by improving digital audio quality. It allows the customer to change the sound system and have the atmosphere that only one can enjoy at the theatre. So, in this guide, you will learn how to enable or install Dolby Atmos in Windows 10 for free.
Meanwhile, Dolby Atmos is one of the most innovative sound systems currently available. Microsoft’s Xbox One and Sony’s PlayStation 4 are both compliant with excellent hardware, making it easy to use the Dolby Atmos-certified sound system for consoles. Unfortunately, the same can not be said for the Windows 10 PCs.
You Might Also Like: How to Download & Install TikTok on Windows 10 PC
What is Dolby Atmos?
Standard 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound uses 5 to 7 microphones, with a subwoofer. When you watch a movie or play a surround sound game, the video or game usually delivers 6 to 8 different sound channels to your speakers.
Dolby Atmos is an enhanced surround sound type. It’s not merged into several different channels; instead, sounds are projected to simulated positions in 3D space, and spatial data is sent to your speaker system. The Dolby Atmos-enabled receiver uses specially tuned speakers to spot these sounds.
Install Dolby Atmos in Windows 10
So, without further ado, here’s how to install Dolby Atmos in Windows 10:
Step 1. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
In order to install Dolby Atmos in Windows 10, you must disable Driver Signature Enforcement. Follow the steps below to disable it.
1. Restart your PC by holding the shift key. While clicking the Restart button, you must press and hold the shift key as well.
2. Select Troubleshoot.
3. Select Advanced options.
4. Click Start-up Settings.
5. Click Restart.
6. After the restart, press the F7 key to disable driver signature enforcement.
Step 2. Enable Developer Mode on Your Windows 10
By default, the Developer mode is disabled in Windows 10. So, you have to enable the developer mode on your Windows PC to proceed.
1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
2. Click Update & Security.
3. Now, select For developers from the left-hand side pane.
4. Under the Developer Mode menu, turn on the developer mode option to install apps from any source, including loose files.
5. Click Yes to confirm. Turning on developer mode, including installing and running apps fr outside the Microsoft Store, could expose your device and personal data to security risks or harm your device.
Step 3. Download Dolby Atmos and Extract the File
1. Click here to download the Dolby Atmos file.
2. When the file is downloaded, extract it.
3. After the extraction, open the Dolby Access file and then open the Driver folder.
4. Now, extract the file named Windows 10×64 basic driver to the desktop.
Step 4. Update Sound Driver from Device Manager
1. Right-click on the Start Menu button and select Device Manager or press Windows key + X and then select Device Manager.
2. Now, double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers, Right-click on High Definition Audio Device and then select Update driver.
3. Select Browse my computer for drivers.
4. Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
5. Select Have Disk.
6. Click Browse and select the file named as hdaudio and then click Open. At last, click OK.
7. Now, select Dolby Atmos and click Next. Click Yes.
8. Click Install this driver software anyway, if you’re prompted.
9. When updated and installed, click Close.
Step 5. Install Dolby Atmos
1. Open the Dolby Access file which you have extracted before then open the App folder.
2. Now, double-click on the file named as Windows 10×64control panel basic app.
3. Click Install to install Dolby Atmos.
4. Finally, Dolby Atmos is successfully installed on your Windows 10 PC.
5. Restart your PC to see the Dolby Atmos effect.
This is how you can install and enable Dolby Atmos in Windows 10 for free. Dolby Atmos is obviously the future, due to the technology’s immersive and engaging listening interface. Whether you happen to have a Dolby Atmos approved sound system or a microphone, the Dolby Control software should work well to help you increase the overall sound quality of your speakers.