When your Windows 11 or Windows 10 is not activated then you’ll see Activate Windows watermark at the bottom right-hand corner. So, if you have decided to remove this watermark from your Windows 11 computer then you’re at the right place and spot. In this Windows 11 post, we’ll show you the easiest method to remove Activate Windows watermark in Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Meanwhile, we’re all aware that we need to activate Windows in order to utilize it properly. There are, however, several methods to utilize Windows 11 without having to activate it. The most serious problem with non-activated Windows is that it displays an active watermark in the right-hand corner of the device. The watermark will stay till you use an active version of Windows, which is one of the most concerning elements. When you screen share in a meeting and everyone see the watermark, it’s much more aggravating.
What You Will Learn Here:
Windows Without Activation
- The Windows operating system does not have any personalization options or settings. It will prohibit you from changing your wallpaper, your device’s background screen, your lock screen, or your themes.
- It’s possible that some of the functions and applications will cease operating.
- While you use Windows, you’ll notice an obnoxious message in the bottom right corner of your screen reminding you to activate it, which may be bothersome when you’re busy. Where it reads “Activate Windows,” there will always be a link. To activate Windows, go to Settings,” which may be both distracting and unpleasant.
- Because of the watermark, you may not be able to enjoy movies, video games, or your work.
- On screenshots and video recordings, the watermark will always appear.
- Updates on a Windows PC will likewise function normally. Although you may still receive updates, Microsoft’s policy may change in the near future.
How to Remove Activate Windows Watermark in Windows 10/11
There’re several ways to remove activate watermark in Windows 11 and Windows 10 but we’re going to show you one of the easiest methods using a batch file.
Here are the steps to get rid of Activate Windows watermark in Windows 10/11:
Step 1. Open the Notepad app.
Step 2. Paste the following code snippet onto the opened Notepad file.
@echo off taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe explorer.exe exit
Step 3. Click on the File tab and select Save As.
Step 4. You can name it anything but must add .bat at the end of the name.
Step 5. Select All Files from the Save as type drop-down menu. Once done, hit the Save button. For easy access save the file to the Desktop.
Step 6. Now, right-click on it and then choose Run as administrator. If you’re prompted, click Yes.
Step 7. Once finished, restart your computer.
As you can see in the screenshot below that the Activate Windows Watermark is successfully removed.
Why Are you Seeing a Watermark that says “Activate Windows 11”?
You must have installed some form of Windows 11 update, which resulted in the watermark appearing on your screen. Alternatively, you might have made substantial hardware changes to your device.
If you’re still perplexed as to why just your computer’s screen has a watermark “activate Windows 11” placed on its corner, don’t fret because I’ve got the explanation for you. But, first and foremost, you are not alone; any user with an unactivated copy of Windows 11 is at risk.
Is it possible to use Windows 11 that hasn’t been activated?
Users who aren’t bothered by the watermark are likely to be torn between using unactivated Windows and weighing the advantages and disadvantages of doing so. To respond, I would say:
Apart from a few aesthetic constraints, there are no substantial changes between an active and an unactivated Windows (in terms of showing the watermark). Microsoft employed Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) to block access to your machine prior to Windows 11. However, if you use an unactivated Windows 11, you will only be missing out on a few customization options. We’ve also shared a freeway for permanently activating Windows 11.
If the restriction of utilizing Personalization Settings, which prohibits you from changing your wallpaper, color, Taskbar, and other settings annoys you, then the limits of unactivated Windows are minor. Fortunately, you will continue to get system upgrades without any problems.
That’s it. These were the method to get rid of or remove Activate Windows watermark in Windows 10 and Windows 11.