Do you want to use your Galaxy Watch in Standalone mode? If yes then stick with us till the end of this post. Well, there’s no doubt that you can pair or connect the Galaxy Watch to any Android device and iPhone. Meanwhile, if you don’t want to use your Galaxy Watch without a phone then learn here how to set up and use and run Galaxy Watch without a phone.
However, the biggest disadvantage of today’s smartwatches is that they depend on mobile devices more. To use the majority of the functionality, we must connect our smartwatch to our mobile. More brands are now ensuring that their high-end watches do not rely on mobile devices and instead function independently.
Furthermore, Samsung has offered consumers the option of using their smartwatch without a smartphone since the launch of the Galaxy Watch. The Galaxy Watch 3 and Galaxy Watch Active 2 are both self-contained. When hiking, climbing a mountain, or engaging in other sports, you do not need to bring your mobile.
What is Standalone Mode?
When used with a standalone mode, the Galaxy Watch does not require an Android handset or an Apple iPhone to run after initial activation, but some options do (e.g., software updates, email, etc.).
In Standalone mode, the watch is not paired to the smartphone and acts as a standalone device. In Standalone mode, the watch can only send and receive messages from the Watch phone number and will not have access to Watch manager features. When the watch is in standalone mode, the link status will be shown in the Moments bar.
How to Setup & Use Galaxy Watch without a Phone
If you don’t have a mobile to connect your Galaxy Watch to, or if you don’t want to do it for your phone for some reason, it’s pretty easy to do. Any functions, such as updates and calendars, may be unavailable in this offline mode. Note that this smartwatch is specifically meant to work with a Samsung mobile device (although third-party phones also work fine). If you want to get the most out of your smartwatch, we recommend pairing it with a phone.
Note: You can follow the below steps if you are setting up your watch for the first time, otherwise, reset your smartwatch & follow these steps:
- Turn on the Galaxy Watch. Tap Let’s go if this is the first time you’ve used it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap the question mark icon (?).
- Once again, scroll down to the bottom and tap here.
- Tap Continue.
- Read the terms and conditions and tap Agree.
- Check the box next to I have read and agree to all of the above and tap Next.
- Sign in with your Samsung account or select Skip.
- Set your time zone and tap Next.
- Set the date and tap Next.
- Set the time and tap Next.
- Tap Next to create a 4-digit PIN.
- Wait for the device to finish setting up.
- Follow the tutorials and your Galaxy Watch.
- Now, you are all set up. You can use now your Galaxy Watch without a phone.
That’s it. These were the steps to use your Galaxy Watch as a standalone mode or without a phone. The above-mentioned steps apply to Galaxy Watch 3, Galaxy Watch Active2, and some other Galaxy Watches.