Are you sick of having some websites divert your attention as you work or study on the computer? Or perhaps you wish to stop your kids from viewing objectionable stuff online. This post will guide you on how to block a website using Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11 PC.
Regardless of the cause, blocking a website on your Windows 11 computer can be a helpful tool to keep you concentrated and productive. However, how precisely do you accomplish that? We’ve got you covered, so don’t worry!
Why Would You Want a Website Blocked?
Let’s first talk about why you would wish to restrict a website in Windows 11 before we get into the various techniques for doing so. In the following situations, banning a website may be beneficial:
- Productivity: Blocking specific websites might help you stay focused and accomplish more if you frequently find yourself getting sidetracked while working.
- Parental Controls: Blocking specific websites can help you keep your children from viewing unsuitable information online if they use your Windows 11 computer.
- Security: Blocking potentially harmful websites might be a helpful first line of defense if you want to stop your computer from seeing them.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Block a Website in Firewall on Windows 11
To prevent distracting websites, you only need to establish a firewall rule. A step-by-step tutorial for using Windows Firewall to block websites is provided below. Let’s have a look.
1. First, open your web browser and go to IPVOID. Next, type the domain name of the website into the text box and click the Find Website IP button.
2. The IP Address will appear on the website. You need to save the IP address.
3. After that, launch the Windows Defender Firewall app.
4. Choose Advanced Settings from the Windows Defender Firewall menu.
5. Click the Outbound Rules link in the left pane.
6. Click the New Rule button in the right pane.
7. Select Custom on the Rule type pop-up, then click the Next button.
8. On the following screen, choose All Programs and click the Next button.
9. Just hit the Next button.
10. Select the ‘These IP Addresses‘ checkbox next to the Remote IP Addresses column. Click Add.
11. Add the IP Address you have copied and click OK.
12. Click Next.
13. Select Block the connection on the Action screen, then press the Next button.
14. Select each of the three options on the Profile page, then click the Next button.
15. Finally, type the new rule’s name and description and press the Finish button.
You’re done now. You will receive a page similar to this if you attempt to access the restricted website.
How Can the Rule Be Disabled?
Disabling the rule on Windows Defender Firewall is rather simple. You simply need to adhere to the straightforward instructions provided here.
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab in Windows Defender Firewall once it has opened.
- Go to the left pane and choose Outbound Rules.
- On the Right pane, right-click on the Rule and select the Disable Rule or Delete option.
That’s all. These were the steps to block a website using Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11 computers. In Windows 11, blocking a website may be a useful tool for maintaining security, productivity, and focus. There are several methods to block websites on your computer, including the HOSTS file, the Family Safety function, and third-party applications. Just keep in mind to augment other productivity strategies with website blocking and to prevent typical blunders like blocking unneeded websites or too many websites. Website blocking may be a useful tool for controlling your online behavior and establishing a distraction-free atmosphere if used correctly.