Do you want to know when an Instagram account was created? This guide will show you how to check Instagram creation date for others and your own IG account.
Instagram is a wholly visual social media network. Unlike Twitter, which uses text, or Facebook, which uses both text and photos. Instagram was created exclusively to allow users to share photos and videos with their loved ones, friends, or, in the case of influencers, their audience.
In plainer terms, it is an online social networking site for photos and videos that enables users to shoot photographs and apply filters to share with followers. Instagram was founded in 2010 and has since made significant advancements. You’ve likely been using the app for a very long time and can’t recall when you first established your account.
Some people may recall the year and sometimes even the month, but many struggles to recollect the precise moment they joined the Instagram community. It could be difficult to recall a period when you didn’t use Instagram if you’ve been using it every day for a while.
Therefore, knowing the precise date that you started your Instagram account may help you better understand how long you’ve had it when specific events occurred, and how your account has developed.
What You Will Learn Here:
How to Check Your Own Instagram Account Creation Date on Mobile App
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Tap on your profile icon and then tap the hamburger menu.
3. Select Your activity.
4. Tap Account History.
5. Scroll down all the way to the bottom and you’ll see the Instagram account creation date under the Account created menu.
How to Know When Someone’s Instagram Account Was Created
You must use the Instagram app to use the function because it is not available on the desktop version of the social media platform.
1. Visit someone’s Instagram profile.
2. Now, tap the 3 dots menu next to the bell icon and then select About This Account.
3. Check the date next to the Date joined. There is a lot of information you can view about the account—the date that the account joined Instagram, country, former usernames, accounts with shared followers, and active ads.
That’s it. These were the steps to check your own Instagram account creation date and check when someone’s Instagram account was created.