Do you want to pair your AirPods Pro to a PS5 console to enjoy gaming? In this guide, you’ll learn how to connect AirPods Pro to PS5.
Having your own Playstation console is one of the nicest gifts you can offer yourself as a gamer. However, these are not inexpensive, especially the new PlayStation 5. (PS5). That’s why no one can blame you if you don’t want to spend additional money on gaming headsets and instead stick with your beloved AirPods.
There is one issue, however: the PlayStation 5 does not support Bluetooth audio like its predecessors. And it doesn’t appear like they will implement this option anytime soon. This may cause you to spend more money on PS4/PS5 compatible headsets or settle for inexpensive wired headphones instead. But don’t give up just yet!
What You Will Learn Here:
What you’ll need to pair your AirPods Pro to your PlayStation 5
Because the PS4 and PS5 lack built-in Bluetooth capabilities, you’ll need to use an adapter to connect your AirPods to them. You’ll need a Bluetooth adapter, which you may connect to your console via the USB port or headphone connector.
How to Connect AirPods Pro to PS5
Here are the steps to pair the AirPods Pro to PS5 via a Bluetooth adapter:
Note: Ensure that your AirPods are fully charged. Make sure your Bluetooth adapter is charged if it connects to the PS5 controller and utilizes a battery. Adapters that plug into the PS5 or TV are powered by those devices and do not require charging.
1. Connect the wireless audio transmitter adapter to your PS5, this can be either a USB-C or USB-A. For the purpose of this guide, we’ll use Skull & Co. AudioStick Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Audio Transmitter Adapter Low Latency.
2. Skull & Co. AudioStick Bluetooth has two A and B buttons which means you can connect to two Bluetooth devices at the same time. Press and hold the A button until it starts blinking which means the adapter is in pairing mode.
3. Make sure the AirPods Pro are in their charging case before opening it. Hold down the button on the casing.
4. Hold the AirPods case button firmly until the Bluetooth adapter’s light goes solid. That means the AirPods are connected to the adaptor. They should find one another with no difficulty.
5. Put the AirPods Pro into your ears. On the PS5, try playing a game or doing something that uses audio. The audio from the PS5 should be audible through your AirPods.
What to Expect When Connecting AirPods to a PlayStation 5
Because there is no official support for other Bluetooth devices, you will need to apply various hacks to use your AirPods in PS4/PS5. However, you might expect some connectivity troubles when doing so. These issues might include, but are not limited to:
- Lack of game chat feature
- Latency problems
- Inability to use AirPods features
That’s it. These were the process to pair and connect the AirPods Pro to PS5 via Bluetooth adapter.