Have you ever faced these problems while installing Windows 10 from a Bootable USB; How do you fix no device drivers were found make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK? or No device drivers were found Windows 10 USB? In this guide, we’ll show some different methods to fix Windows 10 installation driver not found.
When users try to reinstall their existing operating system or install a new one using a DVD or USB installation storage media, they will see this issue, which is rather particular. The notification claims that either the drivers are corrupt or missing from the installation disk.
You can see the error message “No device drivers were found” while installing a different version of Windows on your machine. The incorrect formatting of the partition where you wish to install the OS is the cause of this problem.
How to Fix Windows 10 Installation Driver Not Found?
So, here are the methods to fix no devices were found during Windows 10 installation:
Method 1. Fix No device drivers were found while installing Windows
You’ll need the Windows 10 DVD that you used to install Windows 10 on your PC in order to try this fix on your device. You must create a bootable installation media from another computer if you don’t already have one.
1. Close the Windows setup windows by clicking the x button. Click Yes to confirm it.
2. Select Repair your computer.
3. Select Troubleshoot > Command Prompt and then type the following command and press enter:
list disk and press enter.
5. To select the disk and clean it up, execute this command. Since my disk number is 0 so we choose 0.
Select disk 0
6. Now, type the following command and press enter:
7. Now, to create a new primary partition, copy-paste this command and then hit Enter.
create partition primary
8. To quick-format the new partition, the same way copy-paste this command and then hit Enter.
format fs=ntfs quick
9. Close Command Prompt window.
10. Select Turn off your PC and start your computer and install the OS in the new partition.
Method 2. Install the driver from the USB
If the above method is not working for you then follow the second method. Create a Windows 10 bootable and then download the drive and copy it to the Windows 10 bootable USB.
1. To download the drivers, click the link.
2. Once downloaded, extract it.
3. Now, copy the extracted folder to the USB stick.
4. Once the ‘No device drivers were found’ message appears on your screen, plug the USB drive containing the drivers.
5. After that, click on “Load driver” or “Browse” to browse for the drivers. Locate the USB drive.
6. Locate the driver from the USB drive and click OK.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Refresh and then the drivers will appear.
For video tutorials visit the following links:
[Fix] No Drives were found while trying to install Windows 10 – part 1
[2 Fixes] USB Windows 10 Clean Install – A Media Driver Your Computer Needs is Missing
Method 3. Switch to a USB 2.0 Port
Try unplugging the USB installation media and plugging it into a 2.0 port if you have plugged the USB installation media from where you wish to install the new operating system into a 3.0 USB on your machine. Although this is a strange repair, it has benefitted many people, and it is unquestionably the simplest item for you to examine and take care of. If this solution doesn’t work, try some other ones.
That’s it. These were the 3 best methods to fix Windows 10 installation driver not found. Well, in most cases method 2 works fine.