After installing macOS Sonoma on VMware, you’ll need to install the VMware Tools as well to enhance your experience. So, in this post, you’ll learn how to install VMware Tools on macOS Sonoma for VMware.
You will find that after installing macOS Sonoma on VMware Workstation, full-screen mode on VMware on Windows PC is not supported by macOS Sonoma. However, there is no need to fear because there is a little program called VMware Tools that enables you to launch macOS Sonoma in full-screen mode on a Windows computer. Numerous macOS Sonoma features, like drag and drop, full-screen mode, and 128MB screen resolution, may be accessed with the aid of these handy utilities on VMware.
What is VMware Tools?
A suite of drivers and utilities known as VMware tools improves the functionality of the guest operating system in virtual machines. In other words, the usefulness, dependability, and speed of an operating system within a virtual machine are all enhanced by VMware capabilities. Features like mouse integration and time synchronization with the guest operating system are made possible by VMware technologies.
All VMware products include VMware Tools, but occasionally an error titled “Could not Find Component on Update Server” will appear during the installation of VMware Tools.
The advantages of using VMware Tools for users include:
- Performance enhancement: VMware technologies boost efficiency by raising the maximum memory limit, decreasing disc activity, and enhancing network speed.
- Reliability: The VMware tools are made to recognize and report changes in hardware setup, which raises the dependability of virtual machines.
- Monitoring: Among other things, the VMware tools include the ability to monitor CPU usage, disc delay, and disc space.
- Troubleshooting: Since the VMware tools are already installed in the guest operating system, they can be utilized to diagnose issues like network connectivity issues, etc.
How to Install VMware Tools on macOS Sonoma
Here is the step-by-step guide to installing VMware Tools on macOS Sonoma:
1. Open your virtual machine and then power on the macOS Sonoma VM.
2. On the top left-hand side menu, click on the VM > Install VMware Tools option
3. Double-click on Install VMware Tools.
4. On the VMware Tools Installer screen, click Continue.
5. Click Install.
6. Enter and type your password and then select Install Software.
7. You will face a warning that “System Extension Blocked, A program tried to load new system extensions signed by VMware, Inc. Click on Open System Settings.
8. On the Privacy & Security page, click Allow.
9. Enter your password again and select Modify Settings.
10. Select the Not Now option.
11. When the installation of VMware Tools is successfully completed, you need to click on Restart to reboot the virtual machine of macOS Sonoma.
Now, the VMware Tools is installed, you can now use macOS Sonoma in full resolution on VMware Workstation.
These were the steps to install VMware Tools on macOS Sonoma.