In this guide, you’ll learn how to set up Find My Mobile feature on Samsung Galaxy smartphones and also how to find or track your lost Samsung device using Find My Mobile. However, contrary to other Android smartphones, Samsung Galaxy devices have their own Find My Mobile app and it works similarly to Google Find My Device but with some extra features including Ring, Lock and some other pieces of stuff.
Furthermore, as you all know that smartphones have become a crucial part of our lives, the ‘Find My Mobile’ service can be an important preventive measure against the loss of your smartphone.
However, if you have lost your brand new Samsung Galaxy phone then you must try the Find My Mobile feature because you can remotely access your missing mobile phone, back up data stored on the Samsung Cloud app, lock the screen, and even block access to Samsung Pay.
As I said earlier, Find My Mobile feature works the same as Google Find My Device but Samsung’s service for its own devices gives you more functionality.
You Might Also Like: How to Activate Full-Screen Gestures on Samsung Android 10 ( One UI 2.0)
Features of Samsung Find My Mobile
- You can locate your device wherever you want by changing the GPS
- You can trace the current, approximate location of the lost device and even lock the screen
- If your device is close to you, it will ring at its maximum volume for 1 minute.
What You Will Learn Here:
How to Setup Find My Mobile Feature on Samsung Smartphones
Before you use the full functionality of Find My Mobile services you must check whether the feature is enabled or not. In the meantime, if you’re are using Find My Mobile for the first time then you have to have a Samsung account because during the procedure you’ll need to provide a Samsung account.
Here’s How to Create a Samsung Account:
- Go to the Samsung Account web page in any browser and select Create an account.
- Read the Terms & Conditions select AGREE.
- Complete the signup form by providing your email address, password, first name, and last name, then select NEXT.
- Verify your account.
- That’s it! You can now sign in with your newly created Samsung account.
Here’s How to Enable Find My Mobile:
Step 1. Go to the Settings app.
Step 2. Tap Biometrics and security.
Step 3. Tap Find My Mobile.
Step 4. Now, enable Find My Mobile.
Step 5. For a better experience, enable both Remote unlock and Send last location.
How to Track or Find Your Lost Samsung with Find My Mobile
Once all the options have been enabled, you will be able to track your Samsung Galaxy device from any computer or mobile that has proper internet connectivity.
NOTE: It should be noted that Samsung Find My Mobile will only work if the Samsung Galaxy feature is powered on. When the device is switched off, the live location will not be visible to you.
Step 1. On your computer or mobile, visit Findmymobile.samsung.com.
Step 2. Click or tap the Sign-in option.
Step 3. In the next window, provide your Samsung email ID and password then tap or click SIGN IN.
Step 4. After successfully logging in, the website will automatically redirect to the homepage which consists of:
- Track location
- Erase data
- Back up
- Retrieve calls/messages
- Extend battery life
- Set Guardians.
Each individual features Samsung Find My Mobile has its own functionality. Hopefully, your Samsung Galaxy phone can be tracked the best way.
Step 5. If you have lost your Samsung mobile nearby, you can use the Ring function that will ring your mobile to a maximum volume for 1 minute, as the name suggests, before you dismiss it from the phone itself.
Step 6. Using the Track Location feature lets you keep an eye on the phone even if you don’t look at the screen. The app will get the position updated every 15 minutes.
Here are the usages of other features:
1. Retrieve calls/ messages: Synchronize with your phone and show you the last 50 calls and messages, complete with phone numbers.
2. Extend battery life: The Extend battery option will provide the option to help you track it longer.
3. Set guardian: The Set Guardian option allows you to identify a friend or family member as someone who can log in to Find My Mobile on your behalf to track or control your device.
4. Lock: You can lock your device remotely by clicking the Lock button on the right side of the screen. This tool will lock your device and display the emergency contact information or message on the lock screen.
5. Erase data: If you wish to erase all your device’s data including the SD storage card, then you can make use of this feature.
That’s it. This guide was about how to set up Find My Mobile feature and also how to find or track any lost Samsung Galaxy phone. Samsung Find My Mobile provides you with some handy and use features in order to help you find your lost or misplaced phone.