If you want to ditch Twitter and want to use the new Threads app instead then you are at the right place. This post will walk you through how to start a Threads account from scratch.
According to the company, Threads is a fresh social media platform where you can share text updates and have public conversations. It’s basically another version of Twitter, offering similar features.
Unlike Twitter, Threads doesn’t have a website. To use Threads, you need to download the special app from the Google Play Store for Android or the Apple App Store for iPhones. The app was actually created by the Instagram team, so if you have an Instagram account, it will be connected to your Threads account.
How Does Threads Work?
When you sign up for Threads, you can use your Instagram login, and all the accounts you already follow on Instagram will automatically be followed on Threads as well.
You can share posts on Threads with up to 500 characters. You can also include images, gifs, and videos that are up to five minutes long.
Threads have a similar look to Twitter, where you can share short pieces of text-based content and interact with others through likes and reposts. Additionally, you have the option to quote a thread, similar to quote tweeting.
How to Start a Threads Account?
Threads is now ready for you to download on iOS and Android devices in more than 100 countries. In an astonishing feat, around 10 million people reportedly signed up within just seven hours. If you want to be part of this massive number, here’s how you can sign up.
However, it’s important to note that if you create a Threads account and decide to delete it later, Meta will also delete your Instagram account. Additionally, like other social media platforms, Meta keeps track of your activities on Threads using various methods.
Here are the steps to create a Threads account:
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right-hand side. Tap the hamburger menu and select Threads.
3. Tap on Get Threads at the bottom of the screen.
4. The Google Play Store will open, tap on Install.
5. Once Installed, open the Threads app. Log in with your existing Instagram account.
6. On the customise your Threads profile screen, tap on Import from Instagram. Tap Continue.
7. On the Privacy page, choose either Public profile or Private profile and tap Continue.
8. Follow any account if you don’t, tap on the arrow icon at the top. You have the choice to either manually select the specific accounts you want to follow on Threads or simply tap the “Follow all” option to automatically follow all the accounts you’re already following on Instagram.
9. Tap on Join Threads.
10. Once you finish the process, you can begin threading text messages and participating in other conversations.
That’s all. These were the process and steps to start and create a Threads account with ease.