One of the biggest changes to Windows 11 is that the taskbar has moved to the center of the screen. However, if you’ve decided to make the taskbar completely transparent then you’re at the right place. In this guide, you’ll learn how to transparent the taskbar in Windows 11 with ease.
This new operating system dramatically refreshes the look of Windows, giving it a much more modern and up-to-date feel. However, Microsoft makes these decisions on its own timetable and pays little attention to customer feedback. As a result, several functionalities, such as the ability to make the taskbar translucent, are generally left in the dark. Or perhaps not?
What You Will Learn Here:
What Is TranslucentTB and How Does It Work?
Take command of the taskbar! TranslucentTB allows you to customize the look of your taskbar. You may change the effect and color of it, as well as mix states like maximized window and open Start Menu. To get a dynamically changing and visually attractive taskbar, open Cortana and Timeline, both having a configurable taskbar appearance.
- Advanced color picker supporting alpha and live preview to change the taskbar’s color.
- Taskbar states (choose one – color can be customized on every state except Normal):
- Blur: Will make the taskbar slightly blurred.
- Clear: Transparent taskbar.
- Normal: Regular Windows style. (as if TranslucentTB was not running)
- Opaque: No transparency.
- Fluent: Windows 10 April 2018 update and up only. Will give the taskbar an appearance similar to Microsoft’s Fluent Design guidelines.
- Dynamic modes (these can be used together and each of them provides a taskbar state and color you can customize):
- Dynamic Windows: Will change the taskbar to a different appearance if a window is currently maximized.
- Dynamic Start Menu: Will change the taskbar appearance when the start menu is opened.
- Dynamic Cortana: Will change the taskbar appearance when Cortana (or the search menu if Cortana is disabled) is open.
- Dynamic Timeline/Task View: Will change the taskbar appearance when the Timeline (or Task View on older builds) is open.
- Ability to show or hide the Aero Peek button. Can be customized at will or dynamic.
Make Transparent Taskbar in Windows 11
For the purpose of this, we’ll use the TranslucentTB app to make the Windows 11 taskbar completely transparent.
Step 1. Go to Microsoft Store and then search for TranslucentTB and click the Install button to install it.
Step 2. Once installed, click Launch.
Step 3. Click Yes to agree.
Step 4. Now, the taskbar on Windows 11 is completely transparent.
Step 5. To exit the TranslucentTB or to disable Transparent in Windows 11’s taskbar, simply click the TranslucentTB icon and then select Exit.
TranslucentTB gives you the option of making the taskbar entirely transparent, opaque, or blurred. This software combines states such as maximized window, Start Menu open, Cortana open, and Timeline open, in addition to altering your taskbar color and customization preferences.
Each one includes a configurable taskbar appearance to provide you with a visually appealing taskbar that is tailored to your preferences. TranslucentTB is a short, free, and simple software, however, if you’re searching for a different approach to accomplish this effect and more, Microsoft TaskbarX is a good option.