Do you want to activate the PC mode on your Xiaomi Pad 5? However, there’s no direct way or a built-in feature to enable the PC Mode. Meanwhile, in this guide, you’re going to learn how to use Xiaomi Pad 5 as a desktop mode.
The Xiaomi Pad 5 has a plethora of options. Currently, MIUI for Pad does not support natively converting its interface to that of a computer, but it is possible to do so via an app.
Although it is not a feature developed for the Pad 5, the Mi Mix Fold software transforms the Xiaomi tablet’s interface into that of a PC, including tab management and floating windows.
The Xiaomi Pad 5’s modest name betrays its significant visual boost over its predecessor, the Mi Pad 4. Xiaomi’s Pad 5 features numerous current tablet design elements, such as a sleek profile, the elimination of all front buttons, and smaller bezels. Its thickness of 6.85mm is comparable to the competition, which normally has a thickness of 6mm or more.
The Xiaomi Pad 5 seemed slightly heavier than comparable-sized tablets from other manufacturers. It weighs 511g, which is equal to an iPad Air or a Samsung Tab A7. The tablet has an aluminum finish on the back and an aluminum frame for a premium feel. In portrait mode, the power button is in the top-right corner (like on the iPad Air), and the volume is to the right. The Xiaomi Pen has a magnetic mechanism on the same side. Other connectors can be found on the left side, presumably for the keyboard cover case. For more.
In Case You Missed It: OnePlus Pad Tips and Tricks: 14 Useful Features to Master
Pad 5 Specs:
- Body: 254.7×166.3×6.9mm, 511g; Glass front, aluminum back, plastic back; Stylus support (magnetic).
- Display: 11.00″ IPS LCD, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 1600x2560px resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio, 274ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 (7 nm): Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485 Silver); Adreno 640.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.5.
- Rear camera: 13 MP, f/2.0.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.0.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 8720mAh; Fast charging 33W, 22.5W charger in the box.
- Misc: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
How to Use Xiaomi Pad 5 as a Desktop Mode
Here’s how to make your Xiaomi Pad 5 look like a computer:
1. Click here to download the Xiaomi PC mode app. Remember that this app is compatible with Android 11. However, if you have updated to MIUI 13.1 based on Android 12 then visit the site and download the Android 12 compatible Xiaomi PC mode app.
2. Once downloaded, install the app.
3. Tap Open.
4. Turn on PC mode. Tap OK.
5. Now, you are in PC mode.
6. To exit, tap the button next to the search icon and select Exit.
7. Turn off PC mode. Select OK to confirm it.
That’s all. This was the easiest and quickest way to use the Xiaomi Pad 5 as a desktop or PC Mode in Android 11.