Do you want to show accent color on Start and taskbar in Windows? In other words, do you want to change the taskbar color in Windows 11? In this Windows 11 guide, you’ll learn how to change the taskbar colour in Windows 11.
In the meantime, Windows 11 comes with a light-colored theme by default. As a result, the Start menu and taskbar are white by default. If you enjoy customizing your operating system, you might also wish to modify the default color of the Windows 11 taskbar.
How to Change Taskbar Colour in Windows 11 [Show taskbar accent color]
So, here are the steps to change the colour of the taskbar in Windows 11:
Note: In Windows 11, you can’t adjust a different color for the Start menu and taskbar. As a result, if you change the color of the taskbar, the same color is applied to the Start menu as well.
1. Open Settings. Press Windows key + I to open Settings directly.
2. Click Personalization from the left-hand side pane and then select Colors.
3. Choose Dark next to Choose your mode. It’s worth noting that if you choose Light mode as your Windows default option, you won’t be able to specify a particular color. Instead, Windows will apply it to you automatically. If you activate Dark mode for applications, the color will be applied to them as well.
4. Scroll down a bit and enable the option next to Show accent color on Start and taskbar.
5. In the Accent color setting, select the Manual option.
6. Once enabled, choose your favorite color for the Start and taskbar.
Once you’ve completed the instructions, the accent color you choose in the Settings app will appear in the Start and Taskbar.
Change the colour of the Start Menu and Taskbar in both Windows 10 and Windows 11 is the same. It is possible to adjust it, but it is not what you would think. When utilizing Light mode, you can’t, for example, alter the color of both. It might be due to the design, but it irritates me anyway.
These were the steps to change Windows 11 taskbar colour in Windows 11. Remember that if the Show accent color on Start and taskbar is greyed out then change Windows Mode to Dark, then select an accent color for the Start Menu and Taskbar. It will then change the color for both of them automatically. You may also use a theme, which will change the color automatically.