Microsoft Office applications (for example, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) have a collection of default configurations to begin working immediately on a document. This includes the default font family (Calibri), font style (regular), and font size (11-point) in the current default document design, but you can define your preferred font settings if your specifications are different. So, in this guide, you will learn how to change the default font on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook ( Microsoft Office 2019).
What You Will Learn Here:
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019
- How to Change the Default Font on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook (Office 2019)
- A – Change the Default Font on Microsoft Word 2019
- B – Change the Default Font on Microsoft Excel 2019
- C – Change the Default Font on Microsoft PowerPoint 2019
- D – Change the Default Font on Microsoft Outlook 2019
Microsoft Office 2019 is an incredible office suite that offers a range of useful tools and functionality for paper handling. The latest version has too many valuable improvements, including bug fixes, to improve the user experience. Microsoft Office 2019 helps you to do handwriting in any of the applications of the remote case for specialized pens and other touchscreen gadgets.
You can use various file handling and calculation management resources like MS Word and MS Excel in this edition. Also, the enhanced MS PowerPoint allows you to experience enhanced viewing of presentations by introducing Zoom and Morph effects. In addition, you can perform complex calculations using specialized MS Excel formulas. Likewise, a huge number of ready-made models are a good starting point for a technical project. The use of task diagrams and plan diagrams has also made it a great Office suite.
You Might Also Like: How to Activate Microsoft Office 2019 Without Product Key on Windows 10
Microsoft Office 2019 Features
- Lightweight and a powerful application
- Simple and intuitive ribbon-based user interface
- Create, edit and manage documents
- Manage Spreadsheets using Excel
- Create eye-catching presentations with different effects
- Handwriting support for touch screen monitors and pen input
How to Change the Default Font on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook (Office 2019)
You can use any font in your documents with Microsoft Office. However, when you close the Office programs, it does not save your font settings. This means that every time you create a new document you have to choose your favorite font.
When you choose to use a certain font in your Office papers, then setting that font as the default font in all of your Office applications is a smart idea. In different programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook there are ways to change the default font.
A – Change the Default Font on Microsoft Word 2019
To change the default font in Word 2019, use the below steps:
- Launch the Microsoft Word.
- Click the Blank document option to create a new document.
- Click the arrow icon next to the Font section on the document editing screen.
- Now, From the Font section, select your preferred Font. You can also set Font Style, Size, Font color, and a couple of other things and when done, click Set As Default.
- Word will ask what type of document you want to set the font you have chosen as the default font. Select the “All documents based on the Normal.dotm template?” and click OK.
Microsoft Word will now use your chosen font as the default for all blank template documents.
B – Change the Default Font on Microsoft Excel 2019
Step 1. Launch the Microsoft Excel program and click the Blank workbook.
Step 2. Click on the File tab at the top left-hand corner.
Step 3. Select Options from the bottom of the list.
Step 4. Under the When creating new workbooks section, click the drop-down menu next to Use this as the default font. Now, select your preferred font, and when you’re done click OK.
Step 5. Click OK again to close and restart Microsoft Excel so that the font changes can take effect.
C – Change the Default Font on Microsoft PowerPoint 2019
Step 1. Launch the Microsoft PowerPoint program and click Blank Presentation.
Step 2. Click the View tab and select Slide Master.
Step 3. Click Fonts within the Background section and select your preferred font.
Step 4. Click Customize Fonts at the bottom to view more options.
Step 5. PowerPoint will now allow you to specify a few more options for your default font. Write the name of the font type at the bottom and click Save to save the customizations.
D – Change the Default Font on Microsoft Outlook 2019
Step 1. Open the Microsoft Outlook program.
Step 2. Click the File tab.
Step 3. Select Options.
Step 4. Click the Mail tab in the box that opens on your screen. From the right-hand side pane, choose the Stationery and Fonts option.
Step 5. Click Font under New mail messages and select your preferred font and click OK.
Step 6. Click Font under Replying or forwarding messages and select your preferred font and click OK.
Step 7. Finally, click OK at the bottom to save your changes.
Once you complete the steps, depending on your new setup, you will be able to start typing immediately with the new default font settings anytime you write, respond, or forward a message.
That’s it. This is how you change the default font on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2019).
Meanwhile, What is your favorite font for your Microsoft Office apps? Is it the default Calibri font or do you still use Times New Roman? Let us know in the comments section below.