As you all know that Google is one of the most used search engines for exploring different kinds of information. On Android phones, we always add and use the Google search bar widget for quick access. So, in this guide, you’ll learn how to personalize and customize the Google search bar widget on a Samsung Galaxy phone.
The Google search widget is a widely used widget that can be found on nearly all Android handsets. But did you know that Google lets you tweak the design of the Search widget to your liking?
What You Will Learn Here:
How to Put Google Bar on Samsung Home Screen
Note: Make sure there’s enough space on your phone’s home screen for the Google search bar.
- Long press (tap and hold) an empty spot on the home screen of your phone until the Widgets option appears.
- Tap on Widgets.
- Tap the down arrow next to Google.
- Now, tap and hold on to the Google search bar and place it on your Samsung home screen.
- The Google search bar is now on the home screen.
How to Personalize the Google Search Bar Widget on Samsung Galaxy Phone
1. Tap on the Google logo.
2. Here, tap on your Google account profile at the top right-hand corner.
3. Tap Settings.
4. On the Settings page, tap Search Widget > Customize widget.
5. You may change the Google logo, the search bar, the background color, and even the transparency of the widgets here.
- Logo: You may pick between two logos: one with Open Sans Google text and the other with the contemporary G logo.
- Shape: This option allows you to change the design of the Google search bar and contains three options: the standard pill shape, rounded edges, and sharp corners.
- Color: This one is self-explanatory, and it allows you to choose bespoke colors by adjusting the luminance and hue sliders.
- Transparency: This option, like the one before, has a slider that may be used to alter the search widget’s transparency.
6. When you’ve finished tweaking and customizing the widget to your satisfaction, click DONE.
Reset the Google Search Bar Widget to the Default Style
However, if you did not like the Google widget with the customization and want to reset it to the default style then you can do it easily:
- Tap on the Google logo.
- Tap on your Google account profile.
- Tap Settings > Search Widget > Customize widget.
- Finally, select RESET TO DEFAULT STYLE.
That’s it. These were the process to add the Google widget to the Samsung home screen and also to personalize and customize the Google search bar widget on a Samsung Galaxy phone.