Maybe you have noticed a sudden change in the battery life of your HP laptop, or you just want to find out about the actual battery state of your HP laptop. Whatever your personal reason might be, testing HP laptop battery health is pretty straightforward. So, in this guide, you will learn how to check HP battery health.
Meanwhile, laptop batteries will last a year to several years depending on use, and if you’re always on the go, you can not be able to say if you don’t get life out of your laptop battery the way you used to.
You Might Also Like: How to Enable Virtualization Technology in BIOS for HP Laptops
Check HP Laptop Battery Health
There are many ways to check HP laptop battery health like using HP Hardware Diagnostics but in this guide, I will show you checking HP battery health using HP Support Assistant.
HP Battery Check is a utility in HP Support Assistant that provides a simple but accurate test of the battery in Windows. To use HP Support Assistant to check HP laptop health then follow the below steps:
Step 1. Search for HP Support Assistant in the Start menu and click Open. HP Support Assistant is installed on HP laptops. If not then click here to download.
Step 2. In the My Devices tab, select your device from the list. In my case, it’s HP G62 Notebook PC.
Step 3. Click on the Troubleshooting and fixes tab and then select the Battery Check under the Diagnostics menu. If you’re prompted click Yes.
Step 4. Wait until the battery check is completed.
Step 5. After the battery testing process, you’ll see the results. In my case, my HP laptop is showing Weak.
HP Support Assistant Battery Check Results
After checking HP battery health using HP Support Assistant, you may see the following results:
1. Passed: The battery functions properly and as expected.
2. Weak or Very Weak: The battery functions correctly, but due to normal aging of the battery, the battery life between charges is now significantly shorter than when it was new.
3. Replace: The battery reports a failure and needs to be replaced as soon as possible.
4. Failure with an ID number: The battery experienced a hardware failure.
5. No Battery: HP Battery Check did not detect a battery.
6. Unknown: HP Battery Check could not access the battery.
That’s it. This was a quick tutorial guide on how to check HP battery health. Using HP Support Assistant software, you can easily know about your HP laptop battery health. However, HP Support Assistant is installed on HP laptops, if not then you can download it from the HP Support Assistant website.