Touch screen functionality is enabled by default if your Dell laptop has one. If you don’t require the touch screen, you can turn it off. It will help you conserve battery life and free up some memory. Learn here 2 different ways to disable the touch screen on Dell laptops in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
A touch screen display and Windows 10/11 are now standard on many laptops. This combines the best of both worlds by allowing you to utilize a touch screen on a tablet as well as a keyboard and mouse on a laptop.
What You Will Learn Here:
Why Turn off the Touchscreen in Dell laptops?
While having a touch-enabled display has its benefits, there are times when you just want to switch off the touch screen in Dell laptops. The following are some examples of scenarios:
- The touch screen on your laptop has been damaged, and it is interfering with your job.
- You wish to extend the life of your computer’s battery.
- When you’re giving a presentation with Windows 10, it’s a good idea to turn off the touch screen since you could wind up messing up your presentation by touching on the wrong slide.
- The PC is experiencing ghost or phantom touch issues.
Method 1. Disable Dell Touch Screen via Device Manager
To turn off the Dell laptop touch screen immediately but temporarily, you can disable the touch screen device from the Device Manager.
Note This method also applies to other touch laptops.
Step 1. Press Windows key + X and then select Device Manager or right-click on the Start menu button and then choose Device Manager.
Step 2. Expand the Human Interface Devices.
Step 3. Now, right-click on the HID-compliant touch screen and select Disable device.
Step 4. To enable it back, right-click on the HID-compliant touch screen and select Enable device.
Method 2. Disable Dell Touch Screen from Dell BIOS
Step 1. Restart your Dell laptop and then press the F2 key to go to Dell BIOS.
Step 2. Navigate to the Display menu and then turn off Touchscreen.
Step 3. Select EXIT and Yes to save the changes.
Step 4. To enable it back:
- Restart your Dell laptop and then press the F2 key to go to Dell BIOS.
- Navigate to the Display menu and then turn on Touchscreen.
- Select EXIT and Yes to save the changes.
That’s it. These were the 2 best methods to disable the touch screen on Dell laptops in Windows 11 or Windows 10.