If you’ve decided to download and install the latest Python version on your Windows 11 computer and don’t know how? Don’t worry! We’ll walk you through downloading and installing Python in Windows 11.
What is the purpose of Python?
Python is frequently used for website and software development, task automation, data analysis, and data visualization. Python has been used by many non-programmers, such as accountants and scientists, for a range of common activities, such as financial organization, due to its ease of learning.
In his book Python for Everybody, Charles R Severance, a University of Michigan and Coursera lecturer, notes, “Writing programs is a really creative and fulfilling hobby.” “You can build programs for a variety of purposes, including making a living, solving a challenging data analysis challenge, having fun, and assisting others in solving problems.”
What may python be used for? The following are a few examples:
- Machine learning and data analysis
- Web design and development
- Scripting or automation
- Prototyping and software testing
- Everyday tasks
For more detailed information, visit here.
So, without wasting any time here are the process to download and install the latest Python version on a Windows 11 computer:
Step 1. Download the Latest Python Version in Windows 11
- To begin, we must get the most recent version of Python from the internet.
- Download the latest Python version Here: https://www.python.org/downloads.
- At the time of writing this post, the latest version is Python 3.10.4.
- When you click on the download button, choose the file destination and click Save.
Step 2. Install Python in Windows 11
1. When your download is complete, go to the location where it was saved and double-click the “.exe” file that was downloaded. If little pop-up displays, select “yes” to launch the Python installation procedure.
2. Instead of clicking on the Install Now button, select Customize installation and also make sure to check the box next to the Add Python 3.10.4 to Path. Yours may differ at the time of reading this post.
3. Keep it as default and do nothing and click Next.
4. On the next window, check all the boxes and choose the file destination. After that click Install. If prompted, click Yes to continue with the installation.
5. Wait for the installation.
6. Once completed, click Close.
Step 3. Verify Python Version
Open Command Prompt (CMD).
In the Command Prompt window, simply type
If the command
Python --version responds with the correct version everything is working fine.
That’s it. These were the process to download and install the latest Python version in Windows 11.