The only way to install macOS on your Windows computer is to use either VMware or VirtualBox. However, on VMware, you must install macOS Unlocker to get the macOS option. So, in this guide, you’ll learn how to download and install macOS Unlocker for VMware Workstation 16 Pro or VMware Workstation 16 player.
Before we show you how to download and install macOS Unlocker for VMware Workstation, let’s have some information about the macOS Unlocker:
What You Will Learn Here:
macOS Unlocker: What is it?
When installing macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey, or macOS Ventura as a guest operating system on VMware Workstation. You will essentially be prompted to choose the operating system or the version of that operating system that you will install on VMware. However, if you want to install the macOS operating system on VMware Workstation, there isn’t a macOS choice for you to choose. In this situation, you’ll need to install an unlocker so that the macOS Version shows up on the list of operating systems on VMware Workstation.
However, if you wish to install the macOS operating system or any other operating system, you must first fix the VMware problem by installing the Unblocker. After that, you will be able to install any macOS version. Unlocker is beneficial since it includes macOS in its list of operating systems when installing the macOS version on VMware.
So, here are the steps to download and install macOS Unlocker for VMware Workstation/Player 16:
Download Unlocker For Vmware Workstation/Player 16
Download macOS Unlocker For Vmware Workstation/Player 16 [Unlocker 3.0.4]
Install macOS Unlocker on VMware Workstation/Player 16
Note: Prior to starting the VMware installation of the macOS Unlocker program. If VMware Workstation is still operating in the background, you must first close it. You can be facing damages to VMware if you don’t close this.
1. You need to extract the file from WinRAR in this step by right-clicking it and choosing “Extract All” when the download is complete.
2. Now, open the Unlocker extracted folder. Right-click win-install, and choose Run as administrator.
3. As soon as you’ve run the Unlocker, Command Prompt will open up and prevent VMware services, backup files, perform some patching, and begin the VMware services back running.
4. While the installation is finished, the command prompt automatically will close.
To check whether the patching has successfully gone:
- launch VMware Workstation 16 Player or VMware Workstation 16 Pro.
- Click Create a New Virtual Machine.
- Select Typical and click Next.
- Select I will install the operating system later and hit Next.
- Finally, you’ll find the Apple Mac OS X option with versions there. Select the Apple macOS X as the guest operating system and choose the version of macOS you want to install.
That’s it. This was a quick guide on how to download and install macOS Unlocker on VMware Workstation/Player 16 Pro. After that, you can easily install any Mac operating system on your Windows computer using the VMware virtual machine.