Want to be informed when your Windows 11 computer’s screen flashes? Every time a notice is received, your Windows computer flashes the screen to let you know. When a notification appears, Windows will flash the complete screen, the active window, or only the title bar. This post will walk you through how to turn on/off flash screen for notifications in Windows 11.
What You Will Learn Here:
How to Turn On/Off Flash Screen for Notifications in Windows 11
Windows 11 offers a setting to display a visual warning when an audio alarm is played as part of its integrated accessibility features. The screen will flash to alert you to an issue when this function is enabled and an error or notification sound plays. Additionally, you have the option of setting it to only flash the title bar of the affected window.
So, here are the steps to enable and disable the flash screen for notifications in Windows 11:
Method 1. Enable it From the Windows Settings
1. Go the Windows Settings. Press Windows + I to open Settings directly.
2. Select Accessibility from the left-hand side pane and then click Audio.
3. Click the Flash my screen during audio notifications drop-down menu.
4. Here, you can choose Flash the title bar of the active window, Flash the active window, or Flash the entire screen.
Your Windows 11 PC will now flash the screen with the selected flash setting whenever a notification comes in.
Method 2. Turn on Flash my Screen During Audio Notifications using Control Panel
Open Control Panel.
Select Ease of Access.
Click on Ease of Access Center.
Click on Use text or visual alternatives for sounds.
Choose the below options:
- Flash active caption bar
- Flash active window
- Flash desktop
How to Turn Off Flash Screen for Notifications in Windows 11
If you don’t like flash screen during audio notifications in Windows then you can always disable it back.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Go the Windows Settings. Press Windows + I to open Settings directly.
- Select Accessibility from the left-hand side pane and then click Audio.
- Click the Flash my screen during audio notifications drop-down menu.
- Select Never.
That’s all. These were the process to turn on and off flash screen for notifications in Windows 11. You can have your PC show audio notifications visually if you have difficulties hearing them. Instead of depending solely on sound, you may select to have the title bar of the active window, the active window, or the full-screen flash when a notification is received.