There’s no doubt that Apple users want to be an Apple ecosystem like using Apple watch, Mac/ Macbook, iPhone and iPad and etc. However, there are some exceptions like using an iPhone and a Galaxy Watch. Meanwhile, if you have an iPhone and just bought Galaxy Watch Active2 and don’t know how to pair or connect. Worry not! So, in this guide, we are going to guide you on how to connect and pair Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 with your iPhone.
In the meantime, you’ll need to link your smartwatch to your phone using the Galaxy Wearable app to get access to all of its fun and useful features. Your smartwatch and phone will become a dynamic combo until it is set up. You can also merge data between the two of them automatically, such as your exercise data from Samsung Health.
But before moving forward, let’s have a piece of information about the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2:
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
Samsung Electronics has released the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 smartwatch. On the 5th of August, 2019, it was revealed.
The Galaxy Watch Active 2 is available in two versions: Bluetooth and LTE. The LTE variant can be used as a stand-alone phone without the need for a phone nearby. Without a smartphone nearby, a user can call, message, pay, play music, or stream video using LTE connectivity. It is operated by the Tizen operating system.
- Screen: 1.2in or 1.4in AMOLED (364 PPI)
- Case size: 40 or 44mm
- Case thickness: 10.9mm
- Band size: standard 20mm
- Weight: 26g or 30g
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 9110 dual-core 1.15GHz
- RAM: 0.75GB
- Storage: 4GB
- Operating system: Tizen 4.0 (One UI 1.5)
- Water resistance: 50 meters (5ATM)
- Sensors: barometer, gyro, HR sensor, light sensor, microphone, speaker, NFC, GPS
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5, wifi
Watch Compatibility with Phones
Make sure your smartwatch and phone are compatible before connecting them. All Android phones running Android 5.0 or later are supported. iPhones with iOS 9 and older (iPhone5 or later) are compatible, but iPad and iPod touch are not.
Please keep in mind that non-Samsung phones will have minimal watch connectivity. Many functionalities (such as the Email app or Samsung Pay) would be inaccessible even though the watch is compatible with an iOS handset.
Pair Galaxy Watch Active2 with an iPhone
You can pair an iPhone to a Galaxy Watch, as long as you’re running iOS 9.0 or later on an iPhone 5 or newer. The Galaxy Active connects via Bluetooth, and the Samsung Galaxy Watch app is required. When the Galaxy Active is paired to an iPhone rather than a Samsung Galaxy device, however, there are certain limits to what you can do with it.
So, here are the steps to connect an iPhone to Galaxy Watch Active2:
Step 1. Download the Samsung Galaxy Watch app from App Store on your iPhone.
Step 2. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on your iPhone.Step 3. Now, launch the Samsung Galaxy Watch app and then tap START THE JOURNEY. From the list select Galaxy Watch Active2.
Step 4. Tap Connect if that is your Galaxy Watch Active2. Simply check the model number on your smartwatch if you aren’t sure.
Step 5. Tap Pair on your iPhone and also tap the tick icon on your Galaxy Watch.
Step 6. Wait for a while Finishing pairing.
Step 7. Once connected, Tap Agree, Allow, and OK on the following screens.
Step 8. Galaxy Watch Would Like to Access Your Contacts, click OK.
Step 9. Sign in to your Samsung account if not tap Skip.
Step 10. At last, tap Confirm.
Step 11. Now, you have successfully paired and connected your iPhone to Samsung Galaxy watch Active2.
What are the Disadvantages of using the Galaxy Watch on an iPhone?
- The reply mechanism is currently inaccessible (replying and message syncing for features such as text messaging, messenger app, emails).
- Features of S Health are not available (viewing map, workout of the day recommendations, etc.).
- Features that are only present on Samsung devices are not available (Samsung Pay, T-money, Nike Running, SOS functions, etc.).
- To transfer music files to the Watch for playback on the Music Player, use the Music Manager (PC web version).
- The Samsung Galaxy Apps store only offers free apps and Watch-specific software.
- App download availability varies by the app developer, operating system, device version, and service area.
That’s it. This is how you can pair the Galaxy Watch Active2 with your iPhone using the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app. However, there are some limitations as stated above.