Instagram is a fantastic social media platform slowly stealing people’s hearts with the great features of sharing pictures, videos and much more and the fun part is when Facebook connects its network to Instagram making it easy to upload anything that will immediately appear on both platforms. And the post can be easily accessed by friends who use both platforms. In this post, you’ll learn how to unlink Facebook from Instagram on Android and iPhone and also I will show you how to remove the “Open Facebook” option on Instagram.
Meanwhile, The two have been closely linked ever since Facebook acquired Instagram. While without a Facebook account you could open an Instagram profile, it’s strongly recommended that you connect the two. Luckily, there are ways to unlink Instagram from Facebook if you don’t want this setup anymore.
You Might Also Like: How to Post Photos On Instagram From Mac Using Safari 2020
Reasons to Unlink Facebook from Instagram:
- Hold your Facebook friends away from your Instagram activities.
- To keep your privacy in the hands of unknown Facebook users.
- Your private photos may also be shared on Facebook.
How to Unlink or Disconnect Facebook from Instagram on Android and iPhone or iPad
To remove the link between Instagram and Facebook, you need to detach your Facebook account from the Instagram app. This breaks the active link between the two, so you will no longer be able to upload your Instagram images to Facebook automatically. You will also remove the link relation and will no longer be able to automatically locate your Facebook friends on Instagram.
However, the process of unlinking or removing Facebook from Instagram will be the same on both Android and iOS devices and also this method works on all kinds of Instagram accounts such as Personal Instagram account, Business Instagram account, and Professional Instagram account.
Step 1. Open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
Step 2. Go to your profile and tap the three horizontal lines at the top right-hand corner.
Step 3. Tap Settings at the bottom right-hand corner.
Step 4. Tap Account then tap on Linked Accounts.
Step 5. There, you should see that Facebook is highlighted blue with a checkmark next to it. Tap it, then tap the “Unlink ” option.
Step 6. To make your decision final, tap “Yes, Unlink” to confirm. This will disconnect Instagram from Facebook.
Now you won’t be able to automatically post from Instagram to Facebook anymore. For security reasons, keeping those two accounts unlinked is a good idea. For example, if someone ever hacked your Instagram, any hacked posts will live only on Instagram (instead of being spread through both social media feeds).
How to Remove the Open Facebook Option on Android and iPhone
So by now, you’ve learned how to unlink or disconnect Facebook from Instagram on Android and iOS devices but if you’ve noticed there’s an option called “Open Facebook” right on the Instagram menu. If you want to remove the “Open Facebook” option on your Instagram then you have to delete Instagram’s cache and data completely.
1. First, Make sure you’ve unlinked Facebook from Instagram.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Tap Apps.
4. Find Instagram then tap on it.
5. Tap Storage.
6. Tap Clear Data and Cache.
7. Open Instagram then login into your account and you will that there is no Open Facebook option anymore.
1. Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
2. Go to General and then to iPhone Storage.
3. Wait for all storage data to load then Scroll down to locate the app list and find “Instagram”, next to it will be the total storage size taken up by the app.
4. Tap on “Instagram” then tap on Delete App.
5. Confirm that you want to remove Instagram by tapping Delete App.
6. Now open the App Store on the iPhone
Locate the “Instagram” app (using Search or otherwise) and download it again.
Once you have redownloaded and reinstalled Instagram, you will need to log back into your Instagram account. The caches will be removed and the app’s overall size will be reduced, you can validate this by going to the “Storage” section of Settings and searching the Instagram app again manually if desired.
This is how you can unlink Facebook from Instagram on Android and iPhone and also remove the “Open Facebook” option on Instagram. For security reasons, keeping those two accounts unlinked is a good idea.
- how to unlink Facebook from Instagram 2019
- cant unlink Facebook from Instagram
- how to unlink Facebook page from the Instagram business account