PearOS Monterey is a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS and K.D.E. Plasma 5. twelve, packed with a number of free and open-source apps that attempt to replicate the appearance and feel of macOS. However,in this guide, you’ll learn how to install pearOS Monterey on a Windows 11/10 PC.
PearOS is a Linux operating system that boots from a USB device and installs graphical user interfaces on PCs running the most popular operating systems. It features a graphical user interface that is optimized for touch displays. It contains web browser apps, the majority of which are designed for touch screen compatibility. Unix, Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, and Linux are just a few of the prominent operating systems that pearOS can run on. A developer edition of pearOS is available for free.
PearOS is a free operating system that runs on any machine. It uses the Linux operating system as its foundation. PearOS is designed to operate on any machine that can run Linux, with an Intel or AMD CPU being the most common.
System Requirements for pearOS:
- Internet Connection Required
- Free USB Port: 3.0 for fast speed (USB 2.0 works too)
- Free disk space: 15GB (20GB Recommended) (SSD for better performance)
- At least dual-core CPU (Intel Core 2, Intel Core i3)
- At least 3GB RAM (Recommended 4GB)
- 3D Hardware Acceleration (for smooth, blur, and effects)
How to Install PearOS Monterey on Windows PC
So, in order to install pearOS Monterey on Windows PC, you’ll need to have the following files:
Step 1. Download & Install VirtualBox on PC
- Click here and download Oracle VirtualBox.
- Once downloaded, install it.
Step 2. Create PearOS Monterey Virtual Machine
Launch the Oracle VirtualBox VM and then click New.
Enter the name like PearOS Monterey or anything you want. Select Type as Linux. Choose Other Linux (64-bit) as the Version and then click Next.
Allocate the RAM size and click Next.
Select Create a virtual hard disk now and then select Create.
Choose VDI (Virtual Disk Image) and click Next.
Select Dynamically Allocated and then hit Next.
Here you have to enter the amount of storage that you need for the PearOS Monterey. For the purpose of this guide, I will choose 30 GB. Click Create.
Now, select Settings to add PearOS Monterey ISO file.
Navigate to Storage > Empty > Click the drop-down menu next to the Optical Drive and select Choose/Create a Virtual Optical Disk.
Click Add, locate the PearOS Monterey ISO file, and select Open.
At last, hit OK.
Step 3. Start & Install PearOS Monterey
When you power on the VM, wait a moment until the OS is running live on the VM. Double-click on the Install PearOS Monterey to launch the installer for the PearOS Monetary.
- Choose your preferred language and click Next.
- Choose your location and hit Next.
- Choose a Keyboard and click next.
- Select Erase disk to wipe everything, click Next.
- Enter your name and password then click Install.
- Once the installation is done, restart the operating and make sure that the PearOS Monterey ISO is removed.
Finally, PearOS Monterey is successfully installed on a Windows PC.
That’s it. This is how you can install pearOS Monterey on a Windows PC.