Once you update your iPhone to iOS 11.3, you can check your iPhone’s total battery capacity with the Battery Health function. So, in this post, I’m going to provide you top 9 useful tips in order to maintain 100% iPhone battery health.
However, The Maximum Capacity Readout gives an estimate of the total capacity the battery will carry. New phones are expected to report a 100% iPhone battery health. Lower Maximum Power means the iPhone won’t last as long between charges. Apple says that the iPhone that used 500 cycles should still retain around 80% of its original capacity. So after 1,000 cycles, you should still have 50–60 percent of the battery capacity remaining, and 30–40 percent after 1500 cycles, etc.
What You Will Learn Here:
- iPhone Battery
- How to Maintain Your iPhone’s Battery Healthy
- iPhone Battery Health: 9 Tips to Maintain Your iPhone’s Battery Healthy
- Tip #1. Enable Low Power Mode
- Tip #2. Enable Optimised Battery Charging Option on iOS 13 or Later
- Tip #3. Use Dark Mode
- Tip #4. Set Auto-Lock as Low as Possible
- Tip #5. Enable Auto-Brightness
- Tip #6. Use Original Charger
- Tip #7. Protect Your iPhone From OverHeating
- Tip #8. Don’t Charge Your iPhone All the Way to 100%
- Tip #9. Update iOS
Apple is using lithium-ion batteries as an iPhone battery. Compared to traditional battery technology, lithium-ion batteries charge faster, last longer, and have a higher power density for longer battery life in a smaller box. When you know a little bit about how they’re operating, they can work a lot better for you.
Meanwhile, Apple’s lithium-ion battery uses fast charging to quickly reach 80 percent of its power and then turns to slower charging. The amount of time it takes to hit the first 80 percent can vary depending on your settings and which system you’re paying for. The combined cycle not only helps you get out of here but also increases the life of your battery.
How to Maintain Your iPhone’s Battery Healthy
Now, this is the general question that every iPhone users ask themselves that how to maintain 100% iPhone battery health in case of purchasing a brand new and expensive iPhone like iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, and some other models. Don’t worry! Here, I will provide 10 absolutely vital tips to maintain 100% iPhone battery health.
iPhone Battery Health: 9 Tips to Maintain Your iPhone’s Battery Healthy
Here are our 9 absolutely vital tips to maintain 100% iPhone battery health.
Tip #1. Enable Low Power Mode
Low Power Mode reduces the overall power requirement and lets your battery last longer. Apple claims that the mode will allow you to gain three extra hours of battery life from your iPhone. Low Power Mode is not the default option that happens automatically in the background.
It will be provided automatically when you enter the remaining 20% power: you will see a warning flash and the option to switch on Low Power Mode. Do this, and you’ll find that the battery indicator turns orange rather than red (or green would be if you had enough power). The mode will be turned off automatically again when you charge past 80 percent.
Low Power Mode can reduce power consumption by stopping Mail fetch, Hey Siri, background refresh applications, automatic updates, and some visual effects. Actually, all of these features have already been switched off on our iPhone, but Low Power Mode still seems to have an impact.
To Enable Low Power Mode: Settings > Battery > Turn on Low Power Mode
Tip #2. Enable Optimised Battery Charging Option on iOS 13 or Later
Now, a new feature in the current iOS 13 that is owned by default under battery health is another thing you should consider doing to preserve and maintain good battery health on your iPhone and that is called “Optimised Battery Charging”. If you have this feature on, keep it going because it also allows the system to preserve its battery health. What it does, it will charge up to 80 percent for your iPhone until you’re able to use it again and then that remaining 20 percent will continue to charge just until you pick it up in the morning.
To Enable Optimised Battery Charging: Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Turn on Optimised Battery Charging
Tip #3. Use Dark Mode
Dark Mode is a new feature that comes in iOS 13. One benefit of the mode is that it can make your screen more pleasant to see, and less pressure on your eyes if you look at it in a darkened room (like you might at night). Another benefit is that by switching off the colors on your iPhone you will need less power to light up the display, so it’s a good idea to turn on Dark Mode.
To Enable Dark Mode: Settings > Display & Brightness > choose Dark.
Also Read: How to Block Websites on iPhone and iPad on iOS 13
Tip #4. Set Auto-Lock as Low as Possible
To Set Auto-Lock: Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock > set your device to sleep after 30 seconds of inactivity.
Tip #5. Enable Auto-Brightness
Another tip to maintain good iPhone battery health is to turn down the brightness or enable Auto-Brightness. It takes a lot of energy to light up the pixels on your device’s Retina display. In reality, the single biggest iPhone and iPad battery killer we found in testing was excessive screen brightness. A few years ago we found that an iPhone 5 lasted 6 hours, 21 minutes while watching 720p video at full brightness. The same phone lasted 9 hours, 48 minutes when we changed the screen to half a brightness. That is a gigantic difference.
To Enable Auto-Brightness: Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Turn the Auto-Brightness on.
Tip #6. Use Original Charger
One of the most important and useful tips to maintain 100% iPhone battery health is to use the original chargers and accessories. Always use iPhone’s original charger, otherwise, you could be causing damage to the iPhone’s battery by using cheap chargers. Meanwhile, These Apple chargers are specifically tailored to charge your devices and they have all the technology required to give you the most optimal charging conditions and stability for charging on your devices.
Tip #7. Protect Your iPhone From OverHeating
Most people will leave their iPhones in their dash, in their cars, or on the beach. We sit down in direct sunlight, and we leave them out. This really affects the battery life and, when you hold it under a warmer setting, it won’t sustain its charge in the long run. All you need to do is always try to cover your phone under direct sunlight if you’re at the beach and avoid leaving, particularly in-car dash, etc. So, avoid long-term high temperatures, directly reaching your iPhone. If your iPhone hits the sun, that will kill the battery. That’s something you certainly want to keep in mind too.
Tip #8. Don’t Charge Your iPhone All the Way to 100%
Older battery types had a’ battery memory.’ If you haven’t charged them maximum and discharged them to zero tanks they’ve’ remembered’ and limited their range of use. It was safer for their longevity if you were still exhausted and completely charging the battery.
Meanwhile, Newer phone batteries work in a different way. It stresses the battery to drain it completely or charge it completely. Phone batteries are happiest if you keep them above 20% capacity and below 90%. To be extremely precise, they’re happiest around 50% capacity.
Tip #9. Update iOS
The last tip to maintain 100% iPhone battery health is to regularly update your iOS. Updating to the latest version of iOS is usually an all-purpose remedy when you’re having minor problems with an iPad or iPhone; Apple uses its daily (free) operating system updates to carry out flaw, bug, and glitch fixes, and it’s entirely possible that a problem you’re experiencing can be resolved with a quick upgrade to your OS. That involves issues with the batteries.
That’s it. This post was about how to maintain 100% iPhone battery health and I have provided 9 extremely useful tips to keep your iPhone’s battery healthy and last longer. Keep in mind that the batteries degrade over time, so you can see the percentage of the battery or the power falling over the years, which is going to be considered natural. But if you follow these simple tips, you’ll get a lot better on your iPhone battery life.
Read More: 10 Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone