You should definitely use Microsoft’s Your Phone app if your PC runs Windows 10 or 11 and you also have an Android phone (Samsung). It allows you to make and receive phone calls on your PC among other things. In this guide, you’ll learn how to make a call from a laptop without a phone in Windows 10/11.
On other hand, one of the most wanted features for Windows users has been the continuity feature seen in Apple’s Mac and iOS. Users may smoothly continue editing documents or photographs even when hopping between Apple devices.
Microsoft has now made it possible for customers to wirelessly control and mirror their phone on their PC by bridging the ecosystem gap between Windows and Android using the Window’s Your Phone software.
With the Your Phone Link app, users can check their alerts, go back to their messages, and even answer or make calls directly from their Windows 10 computer. All you need to use these capabilities is the “Your Phone App” on an Android phone running Android 7 or later and a Windows 1011 computer with Bluetooth capability.
How to Make a Call from a Laptop without a Phone in Windows 10/11
The most recent Windows 11 update has improved the phone call quality of the Your Phone app. In case you weren’t aware, Your Phone app just got a makeover to match the new Windows 11 look, which features rounded corners and a soft color scheme.
The UI of the Your Phone app is based on the current layout, however, it has a few little adjustments. For instance, Microsoft has relocated the tabs for messages, images, applications, and calls to the top of the window and pinned the notifications feed to the left-hand panel. For more information visit here.
So, here are the steps to make a phone call from a Windows 10/11 laptop:
1. Install the Phone Link app from the Microsoft Store. Once installed, click Open to launch it.
2. Click Get started.
3. Check the box next to I have the link to Windows app ready and then choose Pair with QR code. A QR code will be generated.
4. Now, on your Samsung phone, swipe down twice from the top to open the Quick Settings panel and then tap Link to Windows. Tap and hold on to it to open the Link to Windows settings. Select Add computer.
You can also download the Link to Windows app from Play Store.
5. Tap Continue and scan the QR code.
6. Tap Done on your Samsung phone.
7. Click Continue on your computer.
8. Click Get started.
9. Now, go to the Calls tab and click Get started under the Make and receive calls from your PC option.
10. Enable Bluetooth on your Windows 11 PC. Click Enable. You should also enable Bluetooth your Samsung phone.
11. Once the Bluetooth is enabled, click Connect.
12. Finally, use the search bar to find any contact or simply use the dialer ad then tap or click the call button.
That’s it. These were the steps to make a phone call from a Windows 10/11 laptop without an Android phone.