Have you forgotten the Samsung Secure Folder password, PIN, or pattern on your Galaxy device? and don’t know how to reset it? Samsung Secure Folder is an encrypted space on your device where you can store files, photos, videos, and applications that are only visible to you. In this guide, we are going to show you how to reset the Samsung Secure Folder password on your Galaxy device.
What You Will Learn Here:
What is the Samsung Secure Folder?
Samsung Secure Folder is an encrypted space on your device where you can store files, photos, videos, and applications that are only visible to you. The service protects all of your personal data, allowing you peace of mind that other users can not access them when using your laptop.
Meanwhile, Samsung Secure Folder, which was originally released as part of Samsung Knox, comes pre-installed on many of Samsung’s new smartphones. The app is also available on the Google Play Store and is compatible with any Samsung smartphone running Android 7.0 Nougat or later.
Furthermore, if you have a newer Samsung handset, Samsung Secure Folder should come pre-installed. Navigate to the screen drawer, find the app, and open it. Sign in with your Samsung account, choose your authentication form (fingerprint, PIN code, or pattern), and you’re ready to go.
How to Reset the Samsung Secure Folder Password, PIN, or Pattern
Luckily, resetting the Samsung Secure Folder is quite easy. You can reset your lock code using your Samsung account.
Here are the steps to reset the Samsung Secure Folder password, PIN, or pattern:
- If you have enabled the Secure Folder feature then you can easily launch it from the app drawer, otherwise, you can enable it from the quick notification panel.
- If you have entered the wrong password or PIN then you’ll see the Forgot Password, Forgot PIN, or Forgot Pattern option. Tap any of them.
- Tap Reset.
- Enter your Samsung account password and tap OK.
- Now, select either PIN, Pattern, or Password.
- Type your New PIN or Password and then tap Continue or draw a new Pattern and then tap Continue.
- Once again, retype your PIN or Password or redraw the Pattern and tap Continue.
- Finally, you will be redirected to the Samsung Secure Folder.
How to Hide the Samsung Secure Folder from the Home Screen
You can hide the Secure Folder icon so that it does not appear on your home or app’s screens for added security.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Tap Biometrics and security.
- Select Secure Folder.
- Enter your PIN, Password, or draw the Pattern.
- Now, turn off the Show icon on Apps screen and select Hide.
That’s it. This is how you can reset the Samsung Secure Folder Password, PIN, or Pattern on your Galaxy device. Remember that. you’ll need to have the Samsung Account.