Do you want to send a text message at a specific time on your iPhone 13, 12, 11, or even older iPhone models for free? If that’s the scenario then you are at the right spot. In this guide, you’ll learn how to schedule a text on iPhone 13 or older models for free using the Shortcuts app.
Although Apple did not specifically include this functionality in its Messages app, the iPhone may send scheduled text messages. New possibilities emerge with the ability to set the day and time for a message to be sent. Reminders to friends and family, for example, can be arranged ahead of time, while thoughts that arise in the middle of the night can be conveyed during working hours.
Meanwhile, Apple’s Messages app is highly adaptable and enjoyable, allowing Apple customers to chat on any of their devices, beginning with an iPhone and progressing to an Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac. Memoji and effects offer a charming touch, while pinned messages and Shared with You help you keep organized. It is also possible to send a text message to an Android device, though some features will not be available on those phones.
How to Schedule a Text on iPhone 13 for Free with Shortcuts App
You’re probably not going to launch the Shortcuts app because it appears to be difficult to use. But the fact is that it isn’t for a lot of things. It’s really strong, and once you get the hang of it, you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish with it. It is also possible to schedule SMS messages. Yes, you read that correctly. The Shortcuts app allows you to plan text messages for any time or date. This means that once you’ve set it up correctly, you’ll never forget to send a birthday greeting to someone.
So, here are the steps to schedule a text message on iPhone 13 before using the Shortcuts app:
1. On your iPhone, open the Shortcuts app.
2. At the bottom of the page, select the Automation tab. Tap Create Personal Automation if you’ve never built automation before.
Note: This option will not appear if you have previously built automation. Rather, hit the Plus icon in the top right corner, then Create Personal Automation.
3. Tap the Time of Day option.
4. Set the time for when you want the message to be sent.
5. Then tap Month and scroll down to change the date the message will be sent. Tap Next when you’re finished.
6. Select Send Messages then tap Next.
7. Type the message you wish to send and select the recipient, then hit Next.
8. Examine the New Automation to ensure it has all of the necessary information. The option to Ask Before Running is one to pay special attention to here. It’s turned on by default. If you want the automation to run automatically without your input, press the toggle next to Ask Before Running to turn it off.
10. When you’re finished, hit Done, and the automation will be set up to run according to the parameters you selected in the previous stages.
How to Remove or Deactivate the Shortcut
Assume you no longer want to send the planned text. With a single swipe, you may erase the shortcut. If you wish to suspend the scheduled messages for a bit, you may disable them to avoid having to recreate the automation in the near future.
Here’s how to delete the scheduled text automation:
- Navigate to the Automation tab in Shortcuts.
- Swipe left on the automaton to be deleted.
- Tap the Delete key.
That’s it. These were the steps to schedule a text message on iPhone 13 or before for free using the Shortcuts app.