Do you want to know how to check who is online on Instagram? In this post, we’ll show you how to see if someone is online on Instagram without messaging them.
Although Instagram is mostly used for sharing images and videos, we all contact our friends there as well, and many of us are curious about how to determine whether someone is online on Instagram.
Most users of the app use it daily, and many of us are curious as to why occasionally we don’t hear back from our messages. Fortunately, Instagram now offers an “online” option, much like its cousins Facebook and WhatsApp.
As opposed to before, when sharing a post from your feed, a greet dot used to be seen next to a friend’s profile picture in the friend list or in the Direct inbox. It is unquestionably a fantastic addition to Instagram to let people immediately know who is online. They will be able to quickly determine when their pals are accessible to communicate online thanks to this. However, in order to safeguard users’ privacy, the site has put in place several limitations.
Can I View Instagram’s Online Users?
Depending on the circumstances, you might or might not. Observe the following points:
- People who follow you or who have given you a direct message are the only ones whose online status you may view (DM).
- When someone disables the activity status on Instagram, it is impossible to tell if they are online.
- If your activity status is disabled, no one can see when you were last active or when you were most recently active.
How to See If Someone is Online on Instagram Without Messaging Them
Let’s now look at how to view a list of all Instagram users that are online at once. You may accomplish this directly from the Instagram app, without the use of any other programs.
Note: The screenshots are on the Android version of Instagram and may differ from the iOS version of Instagram.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
3. Tap the hamburger menu at the top right-hand side and select Settings.
4. Tap Privacy.
5. On the following screen, select Activity status.
6. Finally, enable or turn on Show activity status.
7. Go to the Home tab and tap the DM icon at the top-right corner.
8. Here, you can see the Instagram users who are online. A green dot appears next to the DP.
Can I See When Someone was Last Active on Instagram?
Yes, it’s simple to find out when a buddy is last active on Instagram without texting them. This requires the individual to be following you and for their behavior to be public. Additionally, the person whose most recent active status you wish to view shouldn’t be logged into a private account.
- Go to their profile and tap the Message option.
- Now, look at the last time the follower was active beneath their name in the upper-left. It should say something like “Active 39m ago” under the latest active status.
That’s all. This is how you see if someone is online on Instagram without messaging them.