Do you want to send self-destructing messages Messenger app? This post will teach you how to send disappearing messages on Facebook Messenger App on Android devices.
As it sounds, Facebook Messenger now offers a disappearing messages function that lets you set a time limit on the disappearance of your messages.
Similar to WhatsApp’s functionality, Facebook Messenger’s disappearing messages option allows you to customize it for each individual chat thread.
Step 1. Enable Secret Conversation on Facebook Messenger
Disappearing messages on Facebook have not been implemented in everyday chats. Opening a conversation and immediately starting to send messages on a timer is not possible.
You must first allow private communication with the person. The secret chat is Facebook’s end-to-end encrypted solution for giving its 2 billion+ users access to private communications.
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app.
2. Go to any chat and send a random message.
3. Tap the “i” button at the top right-hand corner and select Go to secret conversation.
4. Once again, type any random chat and send.
5. After that, you’ll see a lock icon attached to that chat. Which means the secret conversation is enabled.
Step 2. Send Disappearing Messages on Facebook Messenger App
Once you enable secret conversation, you can send disappearing messages in the chat. Here’s how.
1. Go to that secret conversation chat.
2. Tap the “i” button at the top right-hand corner and select Disappearing messages.
3. Here, you can choose from 5 seconds to 1 day.
4. Now, all messages will be removed after that period when seen.
If you use the disappearing messages feature, you usually don’t need to erase hidden chats. All of your messages are being removed automatically on both sides. But, if the secret conversation achieved its goal, you should delete the thread from Messenger entirely.
That’s all. This is how you can send disappearing messages on the Facebook Messenger app on Android devices. Naturally, it’s up to you whether or not you want your Facebook Messenger messages to vanish. However, if you want to hide texts or messages from someone because you’re engaging in questionable behavior, be aware that Facebook can still read the messages. As a result, you won’t actually be getting true privacy, just the appearance of it on the user side.