Do you want to activate two-factor authentication on the Telegram app? This post will guide you on how to set a two-step verification in the Telegram app.
Telegram advertises itself as the quickest chat service available and claims to have millions of active users. It functions on all platforms, including desktop and mobile.
Stickers, GIFs, picture and video editing, and group conversations for up to 200,000 users are all supported. A new media editor that makes it simple to improve video quality and add words and stickers, scheduled voice conversations, animated stickers for images and videos, and the choice to configure messages to automatically erase after 24 hours or seven days after sending are among the new features.
Meanwhile, increasing account security on Telegram is as simple as following a few simple steps to enable two-step verification. Users may set up two-step verification on Telegram and several other messaging services including WhatsApp, Discord, and well-known social networking sites like Facebook and Instagram. Two-step verification, as the name implies, calls for the user to input more than one credential while logging in from a new device. The feature shields a user’s account from unauthorized access when it is activated.
What You Will Learn Here:
How to Set Two-Step Verification in the Telegram App
Two-factor authentication, commonly known as two-step verification, was first implemented by Telegram in 2015. It was one of the original platforms to introduce the functionality. In essence, Telegram’s two-step verification lets users create a password that must be entered in addition to the code received by SMS each time they log into their account from a new device. Although two-step verification does increase account security for Telegram, users should take additional caution when choosing a password. They won’t be able to use Telegram from any other device if they forget it.
Here’s to enable 2-step verification in the Telegram app:
1. Open the Telegram app.
2. Tap the hamburger menu and select Settings.
3. Tap Privacy and Security.
4. Tap Two-Step Verification.
5. Select Set Password.
6. Enter your password and then tap the arrow. Re-enter it again and tap the arrow.
7. You can also create an optional hint for your password. You can also skip it.
8. Enter a recovery email and tap the arrow.
9. You’ll receive a verification code at your email address. Enter the code here to authenticate your email.
10. Tap Return to Settings to finish setting up two-factor authentication.
How to Deactivate Two-Factor Authentication on Telegram
- Open the Telegram app.
- Tap the hamburger menu and select Settings.
- Tap Privacy and Security > Two-Step Verification.
- Enter the password.
- Select Turn password off and then tap Disable.
That’s it. This was the process to set two-step verifcation in the Telegram app.