The volume up and down buttons may not work properly on your Galaxy phone due to some reasons. It could be due to physical damage or software issues. However, you can quickly fix the volume up and down buttons but in the meantime, you could be trying to find a quick fix for adjusting the volume without using the hardware buttons. So, in this post, we’ll show you the methods to adjust the volume on a Samsung phone without the buttons.
What You Will Learn Here:
- How to Adjust the Volume on Samsung Galaxy without the Physical Buttons
- Method 1. Adjust the Volume from the Settings on Samsung
- Method 2. Control Volume while Playing Music or Watching Movies
- Method 3. Use the Assistant Menu on Samsung Phone to Control the Volume
- Additional Tips: Use Earbuds/Headphones
How to Adjust the Volume on Samsung Galaxy without the Physical Buttons
There are many ways you can adjust the volume on your Galaxy phone without the physical volume buttons. You can do it either from phone Settings or via the accessibility menu.
So, here the methods to control the volume on your Galaxy phone without the physical volume buttons:
Method 1. Adjust the Volume from the Settings on Samsung
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Tap Sounds and vibration.
3. Select Volume.
4. Here, you can adjust the Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System sounds. Use the slider to control the volume.
Method 2. Control Volume while Playing Music or Watching Movies
As you all know that every Music or video player has volume control while watching movies or listening to a music.
- Open the Samsung Music app.
- Play any song. Tap the sound icon at the top right-hand corner. A volume slider will appear and then adjust as you want.
- Open MX Player and play any video.
- Now, slide your finger up and down to control the volume.
Method 3. Use the Assistant Menu on Samsung Phone to Control the Volume
The Samsung Assistant menu gives a quick access panel with shortcuts for Volume, Screenshots, Brightness, Screen rotation, Power off menu, Home, Recents, Back and other controls. If your Galaxy phone’s volume button is broken or not working properly, you can use the accessibility menu panel, as follows:
1. Navigate to the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and then tap Accessibility.
3. Tap Interaction and dexterity.
4. Tap Assistant menu.
5. Enable Assistant menu, if prompted, tap Allow.
6. Now, the Assistant menu icon appears on your screen, tap on it.
7. Tap Volume and move the slide left or right to control the volume.
Additional Tips: Use Earbuds/Headphones
Some Bluetooth and cable earphones/earpods include specific volume controls for pausing, playing, raising, and lowering the volume. They support both receiving and terminating phone calls. Therefore, you may use them to control the volume if you have one laying around.
That’s all. This were the methods adjust the volume on your Samsung Galaxy phones without the physical volume buttons.