If you want to perform a clean macOS Ventura installation on your Mac by making a bootable USB then you’re at the right spot. In this post, we’ll show you how to create macOS Ventura Bootable USB on Windows 10/11 PC.
Meanwhile, at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple introduced macOS Ventura the newest version of its desktop operating system. When MacOS Ventura, also known as macOS 13, is released this autumn, it will bring a slew of new capabilities to desktops and laptops. (MacOS updates are normally released in September.) There’s a totally new multitasking tool called Stage Manager, in addition to enhancements to Messages, Safari, the Mail app, and Continuity.
- DMG file for macOS Ventura.
- TransMac for Windows PC
- A Pendrive with a capacity of 16GB or above
- A computer running Windows
How to Create macOS Ventura Bootable USB on Windows 10/11
For the purpose of this guide, we’ll use the TransMac app. TransMac is an extremely valuable storage management tool that allows Windows users to obtain direct access to the file system used by Mac systems. This includes not only the ability to view Mac files and have complete control over them by renaming, copying, moving, and deleting them but also the ability to effortlessly generate and burn CD or DVD images, among other things.
The TransMac program was designed from the bottom up to enable simplified and approachable access to Mac storage formats on Windows PCs. It may become a terrific tool for easy management of your documents, images, media, and more.
So, here is the process to make macOS Ventura bootable USB on a Windows computer:
1. Download and install the TransMac software on your Windows PC.
2. Insert the USB drive (at least 16 GB).
3. Launch the TransMac software and wait for 10 secs to use the free trial. Click Run.
4. On the left panel, right-click on your USB drive and select Format Disk for Mac. Click Yes if prompted. If the USB is not detected, eject and insert it again.
5. Enter the Volume Name and click OK. Click Yes.
6. Wait until the drive is formatted completely. After that click OK.
7. Once again right-click on your USB drive again and select Restore with Disk Image. Click Yes.
8. Click on the 3 dots and choose the macOS Ventura DMG file. Click Open.
9. Click OK and Yes respectively.
Remember that the process will take some time. After that, the macOS Ventura bootable USB will be ready to use.
How to create GPT Partition on a USB Flash drive?
It’s possible that a USB flash drive won’t operate with TransMac Software because of a partition problem. In this scenario, you must repeat the step and create a GPT partition on the USB flash drive.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type ‘Diskpart‘ in the open Command Prompt and press the ‘Enter’ key to run it. To examine all disks linked to your computer, run the ‘List Disk‘ command.
- To run the command, type ‘Select disk $‘ and press the ‘Enter’ key. Here, you’ll need to change ‘$‘ with the number of your USB flash drive, such as ‘4’.
- Type ‘Clean‘ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, type the command ‘Convert GPT‘ and press the ‘Enter‘ key to run it in order to establish a GPT partition.
- To complete the operation, type the command ‘Create Partition Primary’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
Once you have created GPT Partition on USB Flash Drive, you can now follow the instructions mentioned in the above method to make macOS Ventura bootable USB on Windows 10/11 PC.
That’s it. These were the process to make and create macOS Ventura bootable USB on Windows 10/11 PC.