Do you want to know how to download YouTube captions as text to better understand the video? In this guide, you’re going to learn 2 different methods to download YouTube subtitles as text on PC and mobile.
With multimedia, you can now quickly obtain a visual explanation for any questions or inquiries you may have. Imagine if you can go to YouTube and search for the necessary video to rapidly study the topic to finish any pending projects or homework.
However, there are occasions when viewers find it difficult to keep up with the video’s pace or when the video is offered in a different language. As a result, subtitles are utilized to prevent such problems since they simplify for users to download YouTube subtitles and verify subtitles in their original language.
How to Download YouTube Subtitles as Text on PC and Mobile
So, here are the steps to download YouTube subtitles, transcripts, or captions:
Method 1. Copy YouTube Captions as Text Files on PC and Phone
PC or Desktop
1. Open YouTube and find the video that you want to download the subtitles.
2. Verify that the YouTube video has been added with captions or subtitles using the “CC” button. Many won’t. However, there are an increasing number of videos that offer this feature.
3. Now, click the 3 dots button and select Show transcript.
4. On the right side of the window, next to the video, there will be an interactive transcript.
5. Finally, copy the text and paste it into Word or Notepad.
- Open any browser like Chrome.
- Open YouTube. Tap the 3 dots menu and tap Desktop site.
- Find the video that you want to download the subtitles.
- Tap the 3 dots button and select Show transcript and copy it.
Method 2. How to Download Youtube Subtitles as Text or Transcript Files (Online)
Downsub.com is the first site that springs to mind when thinking about where to download YouTube video subtitles. You must copy the YouTube video’s URL, paste it there, and then click the download button on this relatively straightforward website. The video’s subtitle is available for download in TXT and SRT formats. It also offers the choice of adding a supplementary subtitle. You must first manually pick the source language before selecting the target language for the translation. You should be aware that this translation will be generated automatically.
1. Open Downsub.com.
2. Copy the YouTube video URL and paste it. Click Download.
3. Once the text file is ready. Click on the TXT option.
4. Select the file destination and click Save.
5. Finally, you’ve successfully downloaded the YouTube transcript as a text file on your PC or phone.
Meanwhile, you can also use Savesub.com. Savesub.com is a different website that you may use on any device to download YouTube video subtitles. It functions across a number of platforms, including Facebook, Dailymotion, and YouTube. The website’s drawback is that it’s kind of overrun with advertisements, and if you don’t use an ad blocker constantly, you’ll always be irritated by them.
It’s easy to get the subtitle for a YouTube video. You may get the subtitle in SRT and TXT files by simply copying the URL and pasting it there.
Why are Subtitles Used?
People who don’t speak the language of the audio can first benefit from having many language subtitle alternatives. When attempting to connect with individuals across multiple geographies, this might be crucial. Since you cannot predict who your viewers will share the video with, it is excellent for material that you want to be shared as well.
The following individuals also benefit from subtitles:
- The group of Deaf and hard-of-hearing people
- Those that watch films without sound, whether they do it voluntarily or are compelled to.
That’s all. These were the 2 ways to download YouTube subtitles or transcripts on PC and mobile.