Do you want to turn on edge lighting your Galaxy S22 series or S23 series? How to enable and use edge lighting on Galaxy S23, S22, and other phones on One UI 5.1 based on Android 13.
The newest Samsung devices boast large, infinity-display devices without bezels. This means that there is no area for the traditional notification indication light, but they are ideal for viewing videos, playing games, and surfing apps.
Edge lighting gives you the ability to easily notice when you have a new notification without having to open your phone by allowing you to utilize the full edge of your display as a notification light. Edge illumination allows you to choose which applications may utilize the feature and alter the notification’s appearance and color.
How to Enable the Edge Lighting on Galaxy S23, S22 & Others
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Tap Notifications.
3. Select the Notification pop-up style.
4. Tap on Edge lighting style.
5. Choose the edge lighting effect you want.6. Here, you can customize the Effect, Color, Transparency, Width, and Duration.
- The Effect button gives you half a dozen options for how the light appears, including a “wave” effect, a soft glow, a multicolor swirl, and others. Tap each one to see the effect. The last one you choose is the style that will take effect when saving your changes.
- Color lets you pick the impact color. There are a variety of preset colors, or you can set a unique color for each device if you choose “Custom color,” so you know what type of notification you are getting by color alone.
- Transparency has an impact on the strength of the effect, including how bright it is.
- The width determines the thickness of the lighting effect, as indicated by the name.
- Duration lets you check how long every notice lasts.
7. When you’re done making changes, tap Done to save your lighting effects.That’s all. This is how you enable and customize the edge lighting style on your Samsung Galaxy S23, S22, S21, and others. The edge lighting feature on Samsung Galaxy Smartphones is good to opt for using light-based alerts for notifications. In this feature, you have learned how to enable the Edge lighting and also how to customize it accordingly.
How to Fix Edge Lighting Not Working on Samsung Galaxy (Android 13)
How to Turn your Galaxy S22/S23’s Punch Hole into a Notification Light?