Do you want to know how to make a GIF on a Samsung Galaxy phone? If yes then you’re at the right place. In the post, we’ll show you different ways to make a GIF on Samsung Galaxy devices.
In the meantime, if you’re a seasoned Galaxy user then you might know about the GIF feature. However, if you’re new then don’t download any third-party GIF makers apps. Furthermore, on a Samsung Galaxy phone, you create GIFs from photos, videos and even use the Camera app.
What You Will Learn Here:
What is a GIF?
GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format. A GIF file is a lossless image file format that can hold both animated and static pictures. Until PNG became a viable replacement, it was the internet’s standard for 8-bit color images. You’ve probably seen these in a lot of email signatures.
Animated GIFs are made up of many pictures or frames that have been integrated into a single file. To generate brief low-file-size animations, they are presented in succession with different frame rates. GIFs are designed to finish on the last frame by default, however, they are increasingly being found repeating.
GIFs are widely used as passionate replies on blogs, social media, and instant messaging apps. For more info visit this site.
Method 1. Make a GIF From Photos on Samsung Galaxy
Here’s how to make a GIF from photos on your Galaxy mobile:
- Open the Gallery and then select the photos which you want to create a GIF on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Once the photos are selected, tap the 3 dots menu and select Create.
- Tap GIF.
- Adjust the play speed and other settings. When finished, Tap Save. The GIF will be saved on your Gallery.
Method 2. Create GIFs from a Video
Here’s how to make a GIF from one of the videos on your Galaxy mobile:
- Launch the default Gallery. Tap on the Play video option at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you would notice a small button on the top right corner of the screen that says GIF. Tap on it.
- This will open the basic editor, allowing you to rapidly trim the GIF or select whatever parts of the movie you wish to include in the GIF.
- By pressing on the 1.0x option, you may also modify the playback speed. From here, you may pick between 0.5x, 1.0x, and 2.0x playback rates.
- By tapping on the → symbol, you may change the GIF’s playing choices, which include Forwards, Backwards, and Both.
- Tap on Save to save the GIF to your smartphone.
Method 3. Make a GIF with the Camera App
In only a few minutes, you may make a GIF with the camera app.
- Open the Camera application on your Samsung device.
- Tap on the Gear/Settings icon at the top left-hand corner.
- Now tap on the Hold shutter button to option and then select Create a GIF.
- To make a GIF, just press and hold the Shutter button to start capturing frames for the GIF.
Method 4. Create GIFs using Smart Select
“Smart Select” is a function found on several Samsung cellphones. It has a GIF tool as well as the ability to choose particular portions of the screen. Smart Select was formerly only accessible on Galaxy Note handsets, however, it is now available on a wider range of devices.
- Open the Settings app and then go to Display > Enable Edge panels.
- Go to Panels.
- There are several panels to choose from here. Make sure that the Smart Select panel is selected.
- Now that it’s out of the way, pick whatever you’d like to make into a GIF and slide out the Edge Panel from the transparent tab on the display’s edge.
- To access the Smart Select panel, you may need to swipe left or right. You’ll notice an Animation option there, which is exactly what you want.
- Once the video is detected, tap Record.
That’s it. These were the 4 methods to make a GIF on Samsung Galaxy devices.
Where is the Floating Shutter Button on Samsung Galaxy Phones?