Do you want to lock your album instead of hiding it within the Samsung Gallery app? If yes then read this post till the end. In this post, we’ll show you how to make locked albums in the Samsung Gallery app on Android 13 based on One UI 5.0.
Samsung’s One UI 5, which is based on Android 13, offers all the system-level changes that the most recent version of Android brings. Expect One UI 5 to somewhat alter how you interact with your Samsung phone because Android 13 is a minor update. But even if they aren’t very significant changes, many of Android 13’s modifications are good upgrades.
Changes in Android 13 include new notification permission that enables per-app notification opt-in, new language settings that let you alter the languages in which each of your applications appears in, and more.
For more detailed information visit here.
However, there is a hidden feature to lock your albums within the Samsung Gallery app. Remember locked photos within the album could still be visible on the Samsung My Files app or Google Photos.
What You Will Learn Here:
How to Make Locked Albums in Samsung Gallery (One UI 5.0)
So here are the steps to lock an album on Samsung Gallery:
Step 1. Enable Album-Lock Entry
1. Open the Samsung Gallery app.
2. Tap the hamburger menu at the bottom and select Settings.
3. Scroll down and select About Gallery.
4. Now, tap several times on the Version until the Gallery Labs is enabled.
6. Go to the Samsung Gallery Settings and check whether the Gallery Labs is enabled or not. If enabled, tap on Gallery Labs.
7. Finally, enable Album entry-locks. Now, restart Gallery apps and follow step 2.
Step 2. How to Lock an Album
Note: Make sure that you’ve set it up a fingerprint or PIN for your Galaxy phone.
- Open the Gallery app.
- Select any album and then tap the 3 dots more button and select Lock album.
- Your album will be instantly locked.
Step 3. How to Unlock an Album
- Go to the Gallery app.
- Tap on the locked Album.
- Enter the PIN or Fingerprint.
- Tap the 3 dots button at the top right-hand corner and select Unlock album.
That’s all. These were the steps to make locked albums within the Samsung Gallery app on Galaxy devices running One UI 5.0 based on Android 13.