Do you really want to resize or customize the taskbar? If yes then you are in the right place. In this post, we’ll guide you on how to make Windows 11 taskbar smaller.
However, the taskbar in Windows 10 is available in two sizes: standard and small. Things are a little different in Windows 11. You can resize the taskbar even if there isn’t a GUI option for it.
In the meantime, the taskbar and personalization choices in the current development version of Microsoft’s Windows 11 operating system have been drastically altered. If you want a smaller taskbar, you may have noticed that with Windows 10, the option to use small taskbar buttons is no longer available.
Make Windows 11 Taskbar Smaller
A registry change is the simplest technique to make the taskbar smaller. You may learn more about utilizing the registry here, but it should be simple and safe if you follow the steps properly and back up the registry beforehand.
So, here are the steps to make the taskbar smaller:
- From the search, search for Registry Editor and then open it.
- Now, navigate to the following path:
- Right-click Advanced in the left pane and go to New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type the following name and then press enter:
- Double-click the value to open an edit box. Change the number to 0 and then select OK. Meanwhile, if you want to make Windows 11 taskbar, simply enter 2.
- Now, restart your system.
- After restarting your PC, you’ll notice a smaller taskbar.
Registry files that are ready to use
With a simple click, you may change the taskbar size using prebuilt registry settings. They’ll save you time and make altering the taskbar size easier until Microsoft releases a more user-friendly option.
- Click here to download the file.
- When downloaded, extract it.
- Double-click the
Set taskbar size to small in Windows 11.regto make the taskbar small in Windows 11.
- Restart your PC.
How Do I Make My Taskbar Normal Size?
There are 2 ways to make the taskbar size normal. Either delete the created TaskbarSi file or change the value to 1 and then reboot your computer.
So, these were the steps to make Windows 11 taskbar smaller in Windows 11.