Do you want to assign a ringtone to a contact on your Samsung Galaxy S21 or Samsung Galaxy S21 running One UI 4.1 or 5.0 based on Android 12 and Android 13 respectively? In this post, we’ll show you how to set a ringtone for a specific person on Samsung Galaxy phones.
Meanwhile, you may personalize the incoming call notifications on your Samsung Galaxy mobile by selecting from among the many different ringtones that are included with each handset. Depending on the carrier to which you are currently enrolled, several ringtones could be offered.
However, you may quickly change the default ringtone to one of your favorite songs if it doesn’t fit your hearing preferences. You may create your own ringtones for everyone or a selected group of contacts on your device using downloaded music and other audio files. Just be sure you download and save it on your Samsung smartphone as a separate audio file.
You can distinguish who is calling and swiftly choose whether to accept or reject the call by assigning a separate ringtone to each individual contact. You may give each member of your family a different ringtone, for instance, so you can recognize their calls and respond to them quickly.
How to Set a Ringtone for a Specific Person on Samsung Galaxy
Here’s how you can set a specific ringtone for one contact on Samsung Galaxy phones:
Note: The below screenshots are taken on One UI 4.1 based on Android 12. However, the following procedure is also applicable when assigning a specific ringtone for a contact on other Samsung phones running Android 13 with One UI 5.0.
1. Open the Contacts app.
2. Find any specific contact or person that you want to assign a specific ringtone.
3. Tap the Edit button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the View more drop-down menu.
5. Scroll down a bit and select Ringtone. Tap Allow if prompted.
6. Find your favorite ringtone on the following menu, press it, and then choose it. Every time you choose a ringtone, a ringtone preview will be played, making it simpler for you to choose your tone.
7. Simply hit the Plus (+) symbol in the top-right corner of the Ringtones screen and then tap the Folders option on the following menu to change the selected contact’s current ringtone to an audio file you’ve downloaded. Next, a list of all the audio files you’ve downloaded to your phone will appear. To change the ringtone for a contact, locate and touch the audio or music file of your choice. Then, follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
8. Press the Back key or arrow to return to the main contacts menu after selecting the preferred ringtone, and then tap Save.
9. Now, you’ve successfully set and assigned a ringtone for a specific person on Samsung Galaxy phones.
The most recent adjustments will then be stored, and the chosen contact will now have the updated ringtone. Then, rather than using the default ringtone, the ringtone will play for all upcoming calls from that contact. As a result, it is simpler for you to recognize the caller by that time.
Simply repeat the previous steps with the appropriate contact selected to apply a ringtone to a different contact. In addition to ringtones, you can also personalize and set up other settings for specific contacts, such as the website, notes, and messaging accounts, among others.
That’s it. This is how you can set a ringtone for a specific person or contact on a Samsung Galaxy device.