Staying focused on the task at hand can be difficult as people continue to work remotely, especially when doing so from home. in this Windows 11 guide, we’ll show you how to start a focus session in Windows 11.
What Are Windows 11 Focus Sessions?
With the addition of a Spotify connection, the Clock app’s usefulness has been expanded by Windows 11 Focus Sessions. Similar to the Pomodoro approach, which is utilized by millions of people worldwide, you may use Focus Sessions to choose a precise amount of time you wish to work for.
Following the timer’s setting, you choose a matching playlist from Spotify’s integration, hit play, and then you’re ready to go. The Spotify integration obviously requires a Spotify account, but if you don’t have one, you can delete the Spotify tile from the app.
How Does the Focus Session Work?
The following will occur during a focus session.
A focus timer will appear on your screen
Do not disturb will turn on
Apps in the taskbar won’t flash to alert you
Badge notifications on apps in the taskbar will turn off
Once finished, a brief notification will show up on your desktop and the Focus session will play an audio alert to let you know that it is over.
How to Start a Focus Session in Windows 11
There are many ways to enable focus session in Windows 11.
Method 1. Start Focus Session in Windows 11 from Notification Center
1. Press the Windows key + N to open notifications.
2. Set the timer and then click Focus. Because everyone’s job requirements vary, the tool allows you to set daily objectives for the number of minutes you want to devote to specific tasks. Setting objectives is intended to encourage you to use the feature and complete your daily concentration sessions.
3. To end the session, press the Windows key + N and then select End session.
Method 2. Enable Focus Session from the Settings
Press the Windows key + I to open Settings directly.
Click System from the left side and click Focus.
Set the timer and then click Start focus session.
Click on the Stop focus session button to end the focus mode in Windows 11.
Method 3. Use Focus in Windows 11 from the Clock App
- Press the Windows key.
- Select Clock.
- Set the timer and then click Start focus session.
- Click on the Stop focus session button to end the focus mode in Windows 11.
That’s it. These were the steps to start the focus session in Windows 11. Microsoft wants you to use Windows 11 as your primary productivity tool. The addition of a convenient timer to the operating system is a simple but useful step in that direction.