Do you want to merge duplicate contacts on your iPhone 13 or iPhone 12 running on iOS 16? In this iOS 16 guide, we’ll show you how to get rid of duplicate contacts on iPhone.
Meanwhile, duplicate contacts don’t actually do any harm, but they do make your phonebook appear crowded. It might be challenging to find the correct contact information when there are numerous contact cards with the same name. Here’s how to combine many contacts on your iPhone into one with all the necessary information if you have duplicate contacts.
In the meantime, iOS 16 provides a workaround if your Contacts app is clogged with duplicates that you haven’t been able to remove. The update comes with a function specifically designed to merge duplicate contacts, putting an end to issues with numerous contacts.
If you have several contact cards for the same person in the iOS 16 Contacts app, the app will automatically identify the duplicate and notify you that duplicates were identified.
The Contacts app can combine all of the duplicate contact cards into one if you hit the “Duplicates Found” interface, which is located at the top of the app.
The new iOS 16 functionality should be a comfort for people experiencing Connection troubles as there was previously no built-in solution to rapidly handle duplicate contacts in the iOS Contacts app. On the Mac, this capability was previously there, but it wasn’t accessible from iOS devices.
What You Will Learn Here:
How to Get Rid of Duplicate Contacts on iPhone (iOS 16)
So, here are the steps to remove and delete duplicate contacts on iPhone:
1. Open the Contacts app or open the Phone app and then navigate to the Contacts tab.
2. If there are any duplicate contacts, they will be listed as “Duplicates Found” just above the Contacts list, along with how many duplicate contacts there are in total. Tap Duplicates Found.
3. Select Merge All from the overflow menu’s bottom to merge all duplicate contacts at once.
4. To Select and merge contacts manually. Tap on any duplicate contact you want to deal with from the overflow menu.
5. Tap on Merge at the bottom of the menu.
6. Tap Merge again to confirm it.
7. Duplicates Resolved.
How do Duplicate Contacts Get Identified?
The Contacts app identifies duplicates based on identical contact cards in iCloud or on an iPhone. To be considered duplicates, both the name and the number must match. If you store the same phone number under two different names, they will not be identified as duplicate contacts and will not appear in the “Duplicates Found” list.
These were the steps to delete or get rid of duplicate contacts on iPhone on iOS 16.