You might think that turning off your phone requires pushing the power button. But what if you lose access to it or mistakenly break it? Can you switch off/restart your phone without pressing the power button? In this guide, we’ll show you 4 different ways to turn off or restart a Samsung phone without the power button.
It’s usual for your phone’s hardware to break down after a few years, whether it’s the power button, the volume rocker, or perhaps even the charging port itself. When this happens, it could be challenging to turn off or restart your smartphone, especially if some apps start acting strangely and drastically drain your phone’s battery.
So. here are the methods to turn off or restart a Samsung phone without the power button:
What You Will Learn Here:
Method 1. Turn off or Restart your Samsung Phone from the Quick Settings Panel
One of the easiest ways to power off or restart your Samsung Galaxy phone is to use the quick settings panel.
1. Swipe down twice to open the quick settings panel.
2. Now, tap the Power button next to the Settings icon at the top right-hand corner.
3. Select either Power off or Restart.
Method 2. Use Assistant Menu to Power On/Off the Galaxy Phones
The assistant menu supports the following functions without pressing hardware buttons. Here are some quick options for the Assistant menu:
- Home screen: Go to the home screen
- Recent apps: Open recent apps screen
- Back: Go to the previous screen
- Volume: Change volume and access other audio controls
- Lock: Lock your phone
- Phone options: Enable Power off, Restart, and Emergency mode
- Screenshots: Take a screenshot of the current screen
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Navigate to Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Enable Assistant menu.
3. Once enabled, tap on the Assistant menu button and then tap the Power off menu. Finally, tap Power off or the Restart option.
Method 3. Schedule Auto Restart to Restart Samsung Phone
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and then select Battery and device care.
- Tap the 3 dots menu and select Automation.
- Here, enable Auto restart at set times.
- Once enabled, tap on the Auto restart at set times text.
- Set the Days. Just tap on the letter to choose.
- Set the Time, You can adjust the restart time with this. Pick a time when the phone is most likely not in use.
If the conditions are met, your phone will restart itself automatically within an hour of the time you set:
- The screen is off.
- The phone isn’t being used.
- The battery is above 30%.
- The SIM card lock is off.
Method 4. Use Bixby to Turn off or Restart Samsung Galaxy
Samsung Galaxy users may also use a Bixby voice command to switch on/off their phones without pressing the Power key.
Launch the Bixby app and say turn off the phone or restart the phone.
That’s it. These were the 4 different methods to turn off or restart a Samsung Galaxy phone without the power button.