Do you want to upgrade to macOS Ventura 13? This guide will help you how to update to macOS Ventura from macOS Monterey.
On October 24, 2022, the most recent version of macOS Ventura was released, Before macOS Ventura’s release, the only method to obtain Ventura on your Mac was to install the beta; however, starting on October 24, 2022, Mac users will be able to download and install Ventura.
Stage Manager, Continuity Camera, updated System Settings, and changes to Safari, Mail, and Messages are just a few of the new features included in macOS Ventura. These features improve the things you do on Mac the most by giving you strong new ways to accomplish more, share and collaborate in your favorite apps, and fully utilize your other devices.
What You Will Learn Here:
macOS 13 Compatibility
Catalina and Monterey, two recent releases of macOS, continued to support Macs made within the previous ten years or so of their respective release dates, whereas Ventura only supports a smaller selection of hardware. Ventura will function on a Mac that was manufactured during the previous five years. For the time being, you might have to stick with Monterey if you have an older Mac, so be sure to check the compatibility list.
Here are the Macs that can upgrade to Ventura:
- MacBook Air: 2018 and newer
- MacBook Pro: 2017 and newer
- Mac Mini: 2018 and newer
- iMac: 2017 and newer
- Mac Pro: 2019 and newer
- MacBook: 2017 and newer
- iMac Pro: 2017
- Mac Studio: 2022
How to Update to macOS Ventura from macOS Monterey from The App Store
Here is the process to upgrade to macOS Ventura:
Note: Make sure you have power while installing on a Macbook to prevent harming your computer from running out of power in the middle of the operation.
1. Click the Apple logo at the top left-hand corner and select App Store.
2. On the search box type macOS Ventura and click VIEW.
3. Click Get.
4. It will check for the update. When available, click Download.
5. Wait a while and it will take some time to download the macOS Ventura.
6. When the downloading is finished, click Continue.
7. Click on Agree twice.
8. Select the hard drive and click Continue and if prompted enter your Mac password.
9. The installation process will begin.
10. When the installation process is completed, click Restart.
11. When it finishes, your Mac will reboot into macOS Ventura.
What to Do if my Mac won’t Update macOS?
- Make sure you have enough space on your Mac.
- Check your Mac’s compatibility.
- Check to see if the network connection is stable.
- If Apple’s servers are congested, the installation may even halt as it attempts to confirm your information
- There might be a server overload on Apple. The lengthy download time may potentially be caused by several users downloading at once. To download later, kindly.
That’s all. These were the steps to update to macOS Ventura from macOS Monterey.