Do you want to add your favorite individual WhatsApp chat to your Samsung home screen? This post will guide you on how to add a WhatsApp chat shortcut on the Samsung home screen in 3 ways.
WhatsApp is a popular and frequently used social media messenger. It is used by billions of people worldwide. You may exchange messages with an active internet connection after installing WhatsApp on your Android phone. Aside from that, you may make and receive money by linking your bank account to WhatsApp Messenger.
On your phone’s home screen, you can add a WhatsApp chat shortcut for each individual contact. Check out these step-by-step instructions for users to add the WhatsApp chat shortcut to their home screen.
Method 1. Add WhatsApp Chat Shortcut on Samsung Home Screen from WhatsApp
On Android, WhatsApp offers an easy option for creating home screen shortcuts for both individual and group chats.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Galaxy phone.
2. Now, under the Chats tab, select the chat for which you wish to create a shortcut.
3. Tap the 3 dots menu and select More.
4. Tap Add shortcut > Add.
5. Navigate to your home screen and look for the chat shortcut. Tap it to open the conversation directly. You may move and set the chat shortcut wherever you wish on the home screen, just like any other app icon.
Method 2. Create WhatsApp Contact Shortcut Using the WhatsApp Widgets
Using Android widgets, you can immediately build a WhatsApp conversation shortcut icon on the home screen.
- Long-press on your Samsung home screen and select Widgets.
- Tap on the WhatsApp widget to expand it. Select WhatsApp 1 x 1 and tap Add.
- You’ll be prompted to choose the WhatsApp contact for whom you wish to make the shortcut. Tap on the name of the group or individual, and the chat icon will be added to the home screen.
- The WhatsApp contact will be added to your home screen.
Method 3. Get Individual WhatsApp Chat on the Home Screen From WhatsApp Icon
The WhatsApp app icon can also be used to provide a WhatsApp chat shortcut to the Samsung home screen. However, this solution just allows you to add recent chats to the home screen.
- Locate the WhatsApp icon.
- Touch and hold on it until you see a menu consisting of app shortcuts.
- Now, hold down the contact or group name in the app menu and drag it to the home screen to create a shortcut for it.
That’s it. These were the 3 methods to add a WhatsApp chat shortcut on Samsung home screen. By doing this, you can easily access your favorite chats without opening WhatsApp and scrolling through to find that particular chat.