The Apple Watch Series 8 was introduced in September 2022 and is the most recent model of the device that was first released in 2015. It succeeds the Apple Watch Series 7 from the previous generation. Learn here the 10 best Apple Watch Series 8 tips and tricks.
The Apple Watch Series 8 has all the same features and functionality as the previous generation device, with no design changes. The 41mm and 45mm size options are still available, and the casings have the same rounded corners, small display borders, sapphire crystal backing, and a haptic Digital Crown.
The Series 8 has crack-resistant front glass, IP6X dust resistance, and a WR50 water resistance rating. It also has an Always-On display that allows users to view their watch face and complications at all times. The upgraded charging puck offers the same quicker charging rates as the Series 7 and supports Apple Pay transactions using credit and debit cards saved in the Wallet app. Although there is an S8 chip inside, it is virtually the same as the S6 chip from two years ago and does not offer any speed increases. For more information related to Apple Watch Series 8 visit here.
What You Will Learn Here:
- Apple Watch Series 8 Tips & Tricks: Use These 10 Handy features
- 1. Control your iPhone with your Apple Watch 8
- 2. Use the Screen Mirroring Feature to Control Apple Watch 8 from your iPhone
- 3. Watch YouTube on Apple Watch Series 8: Best Tips
- 4. Create Portrait Watch Faces
- 5. Have Apple Watch Announce the Time via Vibration or Speak
- 6. Use AssistiveTouch on Apple Watch
- 7. Temperature Measurements
- 8. Use Fall Detection on Apple Watch 8
- 9. Cover to Mute
- 10. Change Text Size
Apple Watch Series 8 Tips & Tricks: Use These 10 Handy features
So, here is the list of best Apple Watch Series tips:
The image credit goes to Hayls World!
1. Control your iPhone with your Apple Watch 8
In the same way that you can control your Apple Watch with your iPhone, you can do the same with your iPad or iPhone.
Note: Both your iPhone and iPad need to be connected to the same network and have the same Apple ID set up for iCloud.
- Go to the Settings on your Watch 8.
- Scroll down and tap Accessibility.
- Select Control Nearby Devices.
- Once your phone pops up, tap on it. Now control it.
2. Use the Screen Mirroring Feature to Control Apple Watch 8 from your iPhone
You can view and manage your Apple Watch screen from a linked iPhone using Apple Watch Mirroring. You may interact with Apple Watch using touch or assistive functions on your iPhone, like Voice Control, Switch Control, and more.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Select Apple Watch Mirroring.
- Enable Apple Watch Mirroring.
- Now, you can control your entire Apple Watch from your iPhone.
3. Watch YouTube on Apple Watch Series 8: Best Tips
You can watch videos on your wrist using WatchTube, a YouTube client for the Apple Watch!
WatchTube has a lot of features, such as:
• Watching videos on YouTube
• Following various YouTube channels
• Suggested videos
• Examine the past
• Favorite videos
• Added captions
- Go to App Store on your Watch.
- Search for WatchTube and install it.
- Now watch any YouTube video on your wrist.
4. Create Portrait Watch Faces
According to Apple, one of the most popular Apple Watch watch faces is the Photos watch face. We go into great depth on how to utilize a photo as an Apple Watch face.
If you only want to learn how to make the Portrait watch faces and you have an Apple Watch Series 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or SE in addition to an iPhone 7 Plus or later that can take portrait pictures, you must do the following:
- Open the Watch app on your phone.
- Tap Portraits.
- Choose any picture for your portraits.
- Customize the object, time, and font.
5. Have Apple Watch Announce the Time via Vibration or Speak
It is now possible to know the time on the Apple Watch without having to look at it thanks to the Taptic Time feature that was added to the Sounds & Haptics section with the watchOS 6 upgrades.
Once activated, a range of haptic taps of varying lengths will alert you to the time. You may also choose from a variety of haptic feedback patterns, such as hourly long taps or Morse code taps.
- Open the Settings on your Watch 8.
- Tap Clock.
- Enable Speak Time or Taptic Time to announce the time.
6. Use AssistiveTouch on Apple Watch
If you have trouble touching the screen or tapping the buttons on Apple Watch, AssistiveTouch can assist. Using hand movements, the Apple Watch’s in-built sensors let you accept calls, move an on-screen pointer, and access a menu of options.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Tap AssistiveTouch and turn it on.
- Tap Hand Gestures, then turn on Hand Gestures.
With AssistiveTouch and Hand Gestures turned on, navigate your Apple Watch using the following default gestures:
Double-clench: Show the Action Menu
7. Temperature Measurements
In order to reduce outside bias, Apple integrated two temperature sensors into the Apple Watch Series 8: one that detects the wrist’s temperature and the other that gauges the air’s temperature.
Although the Depth app uses a temperature sensor, it is primarily intended to improve the health of women. When the wearer is sleeping, it may take temperature measurements every five seconds and aggregate the information in the Health app. Temperature variations are useful for fertility planning as well as providing information on general health.
8. Use Fall Detection on Apple Watch 8
The Apple Watch Series 8 keeps all the functionality offered on earlier versions in the series in addition to offering consumers a plethora of additional functions. For instance, fall detection is a feature that is included in every Apple Watch model since the first Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4, and the Series 8 devices are no exception. With the help of its accelerometer, gyroscope, and GPS, the Apple Watch Series 8 correctly detects falls and makes it simple to notify emergency services or send a message to your emergency contacts. To enable Fall Detection on your brand-new Apple Watch Series 8, just follow the instructions listed below.
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch Series 8.
- Navigate to the Fall Detection setting in the SOS section.
- Enable Fall Detection.
- Select the “Always on” option if you want Fall Detection on at all times or “Only on during workouts” if you only want to use it when you start a workout.
9. Cover to Mute
Have you ever had an Apple Watch alert go off that you waited a little bit too long to dismiss? To turn off notifications without ever looking at your Apple Watch, follow these steps to activate Cover to Mute on your watch. Use this advice if you only want to muffle alarms as necessary rather than switching your Watch to silent mode. The watch will be muted if you use this advice when you have an incoming call, but it may still vibrate if certain settings are enabled.
- Go to the Settings app on your Watch.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Scroll down and toggle on Cover to Mute.
10. Change Text Size
Although Apple Watch is a terrific tool for carrying around and keeping track of a lot of information, reading it in such small print is difficult. On the Apple Watch, the font size cannot be altered or increased. You can, of course! You can experiment with the typeface on your Apple Watch to prevent visual interference.
- Open the Control center by swiping up.
- Tap on the double AA.
- Now, quickly adjust the text size.
That’s all. These were the 10 best tips and tricks for Apple Watch Series 8.