If you’ve recently purchased a Fitbit Sense smartwatch and want to pair it with your iPhone or any Android phone then this guide is for you. In this post, you’ll learn how to connect Fitbit Sense to an iPhone or Android phone.
The Fitbit Sense is one of the greatest Fitbits available right now, and it builds on the Versa line’s success with some clever new additions. It’s intended to put you in control of your health by assisting you in understanding your body and mind and making adjustments to enhance your physical and emotional health – and it works.
It contains an ECG sensor to identify indications of atrial fibrillation, as do many of the top smartwatches and fitness trackers, but its stress monitoring function is what really stands out, and is something everyone can benefit from and use every day – not only in a health crisis. It’s a shame that many of the stress-management tools (such as meditation sessions and mindfulness tutorials) are only available to Fitbit Premium subscribers, but the Sense comes with a six-month free trial, so you can get a lot out of them even if you don’t choose to extend your subscription afterward.
How to Connect Fitbit Sense to an iPhone and Android Phone
Here is the process to connect and pair the Fitbit Sense smartwatch to your iPhone and Android:
Note: The below screenshots are taken on an Android phone and the steps are the same for iPhone as well.
1. Download the Fitbit app on your iPhone and Android.
2. Launch the Fitbit app.
- Log in to your current Fitbit account or click Join Fitbit to register as a new user and then follow the directions to create a new Fitbit account.
3. If you’ve previously set up your Fitbit account and now have a new Fitbit device that you’d want to associate with your phone, touch on your profile photo in the upper left corner of the app, then select Set Up a Device.
4. From the list, choose Sense.
5. Tap Set Up.
6. Accept the Privacy & your Fitbit device.
7. Fitbit invites you to charge your Fitbit and teaches you how to connect your unique Fitbit gadget to its charger on the “Let it charge” screen. After connecting to the charger, set your phone next to the charging Fitbit and proceed by clicking the Next button at the bottom of the screen.
8. As long as your phone’s Bluetooth is switched on, the app will instantly start looking for your Fitbit gadget to link with.
When your phone locates the device, it invites you to input a four-digit pairing code displayed on the Fitbit gadget’s screen.
- Choose whether you want to buy a Fitbit protection plan. Tap PURCHASE or NOT NOW.
9. On the Sense Wi-Fi Setup screen, tap Next.
10. You can either choose a Wi-Fi network or skip it. The choice is yours. After that tap Next.
11. On the Start your update screen, tap START UPDATE.
12. Once the update is completed, tap CONTINUE.
- Tap GOT IT on the Voice privacy screen.
- On the Amazon Alexa screen, tap NOT NOW or GET STARTED.
13. After that, the app walks you through a series of tutorials and options:
- Changing the band.
- Wearing the watch.
- Swipe Down.
- Swipe Up.
- Swipe right.
- Swipe left.
- Press side button.
- Double press button.
- Wear & care tips.
14. You’re all set. Tap DONE.
15. Tap OK and Allow.
16. Tap Okay.
17. Finally, you’ve successfully connected the Fitbit Sense watch to your Android phone and iPhone.
That’s all. This is how you can connect the Fitbit Sense watch to an iPhone or Android with ease. If you’re shopping for a smartwatch, we recommend the Fitbit Sense. It includes all of the bells and whistles that Fitbit’s most sophisticated smartwatch has to offer. It includes EDA, ECG, and HRV for more complete health and fitness tracking in addition to all-day activity and sleep tracking. It also has rapid charging, media, a smart assistant, and a battery life of six days or more.