Do you want to increase the fingerprint scanner speed on your Samsung phone? Well, a couple of days ago, I bought a 52s 5G Samsung Galaxy phone. However, the fingerprint sensor was so slow and inaccurate. Meanwhile, I’ve tried several methods to fix it and it’s working perfectly. So, in this post, we’ll show you different methods to improve Samsung fingerprint sensor.
All the latest smartphones do have a fingerprint sensor on the display, side, or backside of the phone. In the meantime, when it comes to fingerprint scanners, Samsung phones do have a slow and inaccurate fingerprint reader.
What You Will Learn Here:
- What Is the Definition of Fingerprint Scanner?
- How to Improve Samsung Galaxy Fingerprint Sensor
- Method 1. Enable Touch Sensitivity
- Method 2. Disable Show Unlock Transition Effect to Improve Samsung Fingerprint Sensor
- Method 3. Register the Same Finger Twice or Thrice
- Method 4. Keep the Fingerprint Reader Awake
What Is the Definition of Fingerprint Scanner?
A fingerprint scanner is a piece of software that recognizes and authenticates an individual’s fingerprints in order to permit or prohibit access to a computer system, mobile device, or physical location. It is a sort of biometric security system that identifies an individual’s fingerprint scans using a mix of hardware and software algorithms.
How to Improve Samsung Galaxy Fingerprint Sensor
So, in order to make the Samsung Galaxy fingerprint faster and more accurate, we’ve compiled 4 different methods to improve fingerprint sensor significantly on your Samsung Galaxy phones:
Method 1. Enable Touch Sensitivity
The first method is to enable touch sensitivity. Make sure you enable this option if you’re using a screen protector or tempered glass.
- Go to the Settings app
- Tap Display.
- Scroll down and then turn on Touch sensitivity.
Method 2. Disable Show Unlock Transition Effect to Improve Samsung Fingerprint Sensor
We don’t need any transition while unlocking the Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Select Biometric and security.
- Tap More biometrics settings.
- Finally, turn off the option next to Show unlock transition effect.
This disables the unlocking animation, which provides the fingerprint reader with a faster reaction time in various ways, resulting in a speedier unlock.
Method 3. Register the Same Finger Twice or Thrice
More isn’t necessarily better, but having numerous registrations of the same finger is unquestionably better. The phone will have more data to compare each scan against if each finger is registered twice, which will improve unlock success rates. When registering, make sure to use a variety of angles.
Method 4. Keep the Fingerprint Reader Awake
The last suggestion I have for you is likely the most technical since it needs you to adjust a few settings, but it makes the most impact, so it’s worth a try.
- Go to the Settings app and then select Apps.
- Tap the 3 dots menu and select Special access.
- Select Optimise battery usage.
- Here, tap on Apps not optimized and then select All.
- Now, search or look for .
- Once found, turn it off.
If you disable this setting, the system files that handle biometrics will not fall into a deep sleep every time the screen is turned off. This is also the strategy that will yield the most dramatic outcomes in terms of speed.
That’s it. These were the 4 methods to improve and make Samsung fingerprint sensor more accurate and fast. Meanwhile. apply these methods and mention your thoughts in the comment section below.