Do you want to disable the Apple Watch keyboard notification on your phone? This post will guide you on how to stop Apple Watch keyboard notification on iPhones running iOS 16 or later.
When entering text on the Apple Watch, whether to search for an app in the App Store or to reply to a message, Apple lets you use a full-size keyboard on your iPhone.
Every time you attempt to utilize the watch’s keyboard to enable the seamless function, it alerts the linked iPhone about it. Without a doubt, the feature is fantastic. However, you can easily disable the notifications from the Settings app on your iPhone if you do not want to type the text using the linked iPhone.
Without a doubt, alerts help consumers receive timely updates and are valuable. Additionally, alerts keep you abreast of things you may or may not find vital; occasionally, you wish you weren’t required to read them. They may be switched off in a pretty simple manner. The steps given here will teach you how to turn off Apple watch keyboard notifications.
How to Stop the Apple Watch Keyboard Notification on iPhone (iOS 16)
Apple TV and Apple Watch keyboard notifications may be disabled on iPhones running iOS 15.1. Prior to this, there wasn’t a way to turn off alerts. When iOS 15 was originally introduced in September 2021, some iPhone customers were unhappy to learn that it lacked a practical function.
Users of the Apple Watch and Apple TV, meanwhile, have long used the iPhone keyboard. Since the introduction of iOS 15, users may no longer turn off alerts. This feature was abruptly included in the most recent public and developer betas of iOS 15.1.
Here’s how to turn off keyboard notifications on an Apple Watch:
1. On your iPhone, go to the Settings app.
2. On the Settings screen or page, tap Notifications.
3. Under the Notification Style menu, select Apple Watch Keyboard.
4. Here, simply turn off Allow Notifications. You won’t get notifications to type text into your Apple Watch anymore on the linked iPhone.
5. Simply hit the toggle switch next to the Sounds option if you merely want to mute the notifications rather than turn them off. When a keyboard notice comes in, you will still see it visually, but your iPhone won’t make a sound.
That’s all. These were the steps to turn off/stop or disable the Apple Watch keyboard notification on your iPhones running iOS 16. Although using the iPhone keyboard with an Apple Watch is a fantastic feature, it may be advisable to disable it if you have numerous watches that are being used simultaneously by other people.