To keep your contents safe and secure, it’s critical to understand the condition of your solid state drive (SSD). You can lose files permanently if your SSD malfunctions. In this guide, we’ll show you 2 different ways to check SSD health percentage in Windows 11.
What You Will Learn Here:
Method 1. Check SSD Health Percentage in Windows 11 from Settings
You will learn how to utilize Windows 11’s storage health monitoring function, which can identify hardware issues on hard drives and alert you in advance so you have enough time to backup your data.
The functionality is accessible for Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Solid-State Drives and is a component of the current “Disks & volumes” settings (SSDs). You will receive a desktop notice informing you that “a storage device may be in danger of failure and requires your attention” if a potential hardware issue is found on the hard drive. You may click the notification to obtain further information about the issue.
1. Go to Settings. Press the Windows + I keys to open Settings.
2. Select System from the left-hand side pane and click Storage.
3. Click Advanced storage settings.
4. Select Disk & volumes.
5. Look under each drive. If your drive is in good condition, it should indicate “healthy.” If not, you will receive a warning.
6. To check the SSD health percentage, click on the drive. and select Properties.
7. Under the Drive health section, you can check the Estimated life remaining, Available spare, and Temperature.
It is highly advised to back up the data right away if you receive a hard disc risk of failure notice because the likelihood of failure is high.
To access the backup options and upload the files to OneDrive, you can also select the “Back up immediately” option.
Method 2. Free Tool to Check via CrystalDiskInfo
You may use the program CrystalDiskInfo to keep the hard disc in your PC in good shape. The S.M.A.R.T. technology-supported program aids in the detection and prevention of disc surface faults in the future so that you may take appropriate action before data loss results in irreparable loss.
CrystalDiskInfo displays a wide range of specific details about the hard drive, including the manufacturer and model as well as the size of the buffer and cache, the serial number, and even the firmware that is employed.
If you notice that the temperature or another specific activity surpasses the bounds of what you deem suitable, it may be time for you to get to work and make the necessary backups. The application employs a color scheme to notify you about the dangerousness of the disk’s status.
- Download CrystalDiskInfo.
- Launch CrystalDiskInfo.
- As you can see our SSD health percentage is 99.
That’s it. These were the 2 methods to check SSD health percentage in Windows 11.